Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #4501 
PewPewPew

Be careful when using regular sponge, sponge can be treated with chemicals and anti-fungal agents.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #4502 
Princess Penny

Removed the gravel from Emo's tank (I really need to pick up some sand) and got him some anubias. No more fake plants, yay! :)
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #4503 
phishfood

Heres mine! 5 gallon planted tank- wanted it to be like a little forest for him!
Attached Images

phishfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #4504 
missm83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond! I have been so busy! I have taken in a new foster dog that i have been having a lot of trouble with! Anyway, here is a picture of how i baffled it!

What i used is not Aquarium Sponge because my stupid pet store doesn't carry it. But i do think Sponge is what you should use!
What i did is, i wedged the Sponge in the outflow as tight as i could get in in there. Then i put the filter cartridge on top of it. The cartridge will not go all the way down, that is ok. Next, i put another peice of sponge in the the thing that puts water on top of the cartridge. It takes some trial and error, but now there is no water flow!

Sorry again it took so long to post!
thank you!! ill be going out and getting the sponge.
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #4505 
ArcticRain

Your welcome!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #4506 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishfood View Post
Heres mine! 5 gallon planted tank- wanted it to be like a little forest for him!
That is a gorgeous tank and a gorgeous fish!
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #4507 
MistersMom

here are my 4 fishies, soon to be 2.
Attached Images

MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #4508 
ArcticRain

@MistersMom- I see in the first picture you have a plastic cup as a cave. I was thinking about using one as a temporary cave for my tank. Does it work work? Does it bleed color? Is it safe to use as a cave?
Great tanks by the way!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #4509 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Penny View Post
Removed the gravel from Emo's tank (I really need to pick up some sand) and got him some anubias. No more fake plants, yay! :)
Is that the critter keeper in the reptile section of Petco? I recently bought one for a betta and I noticed you have a heater in ther. I always wondered if it is safe to use a heater in them. So there is no risk of melting?
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #4510 
Littlebittyfish

I use the same exact critter keeper. I have an adjustable glass heater in there and it is safe. The glass on the heater is not suposed to touch the side of the tank, glass or acrylic...the suction cups usually do a good job at keeping it from touching.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank