Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #4531 
Princess Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
So I had to end up taking Maxwell out of the Platy tank, he did not like them swimming around next to him I guess. lol
I got him a 3 gallon critter keeper with gravel, two silk plants, a jar cave, and a little heater. :)
Looks good! Did you go with the Marineland 10? How is that working for you? I have one of the sucky Tetra 2-10's in mine and would like to upgrade eventually :P (Hopefully before winter arrives!)
Funny how the ones marketed for reptiles are cheaper, when it's the exact same thing! I felt pretty clever when I figured that out, LOL

I did some major cleaning in Ammo's tank after a recent algae invasion, and added two apple snails (I had to put Ammo in his cup for a day & night so they could do some work without him picking on them, silly boy)... also made some other adjustments (lowered the light period and temperature) and it is doing good so far!

I also took out some of the rocks that didn't have any moss attached to them, just seemed like they were magnets for a place for the algae to attach itself to, and it doesn't look too "empty" without them in there :)
Thinking about getting some black cardstock or posterboard and experimenting with backgrounds on both of my tanks... hmmm.
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #4532 
lillylark

New tank for Mowgli

I just got a new veiltail and have set up this home for him. He's pretty shy so far, so he has lots of places to hide. :) I also set up my first filter baffle (using an aquarium sponge/filter) in this tank and it is working great.
Attached Images

lillylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #4533 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Penny View Post
Looks good! Did you go with the Marineland 10? How is that working for you? I have one of the sucky Tetra 2-10's in mine and would like to upgrade eventually :P (Hopefully before winter arrives!)
Funny how the ones marketed for reptiles are cheaper, when it's the exact same thing! I felt pretty clever when I figured that out, LOL

I did some major cleaning in Ammo's tank after a recent algae invasion, and added two apple snails (I had to put Ammo in his cup for a day & night so they could do some work without him picking on them, silly boy)... also made some other adjustments (lowered the light period and temperature) and it is doing good so far!

I also took out some of the rocks that didn't have any moss attached to them, just seemed like they were magnets for a place for the algae to attach itself to, and it doesn't look too "empty" without them in there :)
Thinking about getting some black cardstock or posterboard and experimenting with backgrounds on both of my tanks... hmmm.

hey, how many gallons is your tank???!!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #4534 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
hey, how many gallons is your tank???!!!!
6.6 I believe it is the Petco Bookshelf Aquarium
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #4535 
MistersMom

oh okay! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! i totally want 1!!!!!!! lol...
Old 10-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #4536 
Princess Penny

Yep it's the 6.6gal bookshelf tank from Petco. I LOVE it - totally recommend them! Nice and long, perfect for bettas ;)
Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #4537 
MistersMom

we only have a petsmart around here, do u thinkthey wuld have 1, if so how much $??
Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #4538 
Princess Penny

Probably not. I ordered mine from Petco.com, I don't think they have them in the store. (Not the one near me, anyway). It was $40.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #4539 
MistersMom

DANG! ill just get sumn else then lol.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #4540 
Yurusumaji

It's been a long time. Gyarados' water got really cloudy for a while and I was trying so hard to figure out what caused it. I saw the little blue shark's paint was bubbling, so I removed him and got blue fingers. It was definitely bleeding. It still didn't clear up, discovered the skull's paint was bleeding too! So I took all of the Walmart decorations out of the tank and replaced the skull with this bell!

The edges around the holes needed to be shaved down and evened out because they were very sharp, but once we finished modifications it's all good and Gyarados is thrilled with his new hiding place. He's even coming out to see us more now.
Yurusumaji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank