Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #4561 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian View Post
Love the sleek look.. you know, you could put in a few shrimp in there if you were looking for something other then fish. They have such a small bioload, hardly anything. And you can get them in different sizes and colors. A few cherry shrimp would be cute. They would just love your moss balls as well. It's an idea if you wanted to try something.. if not, then it's still a nice decoration for your place!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #4562 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyFish View Post
The boys tank. Wentworth on the left, Sushi (CT) in middle, and Money (VT at right end. Wentworth was in his own tank, but it's easier to clean the 10 gallon, rather than the 10 gallon and another 5 gallon.
Mind if I ask where you got your "thinker" statue in the middle? I am loving it! Awesome tank!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #4563 
Narnian

Quote:
Love the sleek look.. you know, you could put in a few shrimp in there if you were looking for something other then fish. They have such a small bioload, hardly anything. And you can get them in different sizes and colors. A few cherry shrimp would be cute. They would just love your moss balls as well. It's an idea if you wanted to try something.. if not, then it's still a nice decoration for your place!
Thank you for the suggestion and for your comments! Do shrimp need a heater? Also, I've heard they are MORE sensitive then fish to PH levels, chemicals, etc. I'm just so much of a noob with water conditions that I feel nervous putting anything in there.

Do you know of anything that would be easy and wouldn't require a heater? I've thought of a mystery snail, but I know those are pretty messy. I sort of have a fear of fires and heaters exploding, so am trying to stay coldwater. :(
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #4564 
MoneyFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Mind if I ask where you got your "thinker" statue in the middle? I am loving it! Awesome tank!

Thank you! I got him from Marden's (a discount store) for $1.99.
MoneyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #4565 
Okami

I love the Motiff very feng shuie
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #4566 
BellasMomma

Talking

This is my female Betta Violet's new home. Let me know what u guys think of it!!
Attached Images

BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #4567 
Okami

oh my thats a lot of space for that Lady! She is quite spoiled!
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #4568 
MistersMom

that is such a luck y lil fishy!!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #4569 
BellasMomma

Well as u all probably know, she totally deserves to be spoiled!!!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #4570 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian View Post
Thank you for the suggestion and for your comments! Do shrimp need a heater? Also, I've heard they are MORE sensitive then fish to PH levels, chemicals, etc. I'm just so much of a noob with water conditions that I feel nervous putting anything in there.

Do you know of anything that would be easy and wouldn't require a heater? I've thought of a mystery snail, but I know those are pretty messy. I sort of have a fear of fires and heaters exploding, so am trying to stay coldwater. :(
Outside of a goldfish which would eventually grow too big to stay in a 10G and snails, freshwater critters need heaters. It's a shame not to get a betta for such a beautiful tank, and the filter you chose is perfect for them.

Depending on where you live you could probably get away with a very low wattage heater. A 50 watt heater can easily heat ten gallons to the temperature you need, and a heater that small really presents no danger at all. Any heater you get now has a safety shutoff built in, but even if that should fail fire and/or exploding heaters is not really a risk.
As far as water conditions, if it's filtered and you add a water conditioner/dechlorinator it should be fine for a betta. They're not fussy about pH and such.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank