Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #4601 
Zappity

I've been lurking on here since yesterday, and just wanted to say, BEAUTIFUL tanks, everyone! I'm on page 100 and something, there's so many! I have one male betta, Mr. Bubbles, who I got in August :) He's a Veil Tail and is a pale orange with deeper orange fins. He has a couple pink and blue stripes in his fins and the tip of his tail is white, that looks blue in the light :D He lives in a 1 gallon bowl, which seems to be the only place he's liked so far. I put him in a five gallon tank, with a filter/heater, and he got blown by the filter so much I had to take him out before he had a heart attack. :P I tried it without the filter, and he just seemed sad and lost. So I put him back in his 1 gallon bowl with a large anubia and he has been very happy since. At night, or whenever he's tired, he sleeps on one of the leaves! It's the cutest thing I think I've ever seen. Tonight(hopefully) I'm going to get another tank for beside my bed, where I'll either put Mr. Bubbles, or get another betta. (leaning more towards the second option, here comes betta addiction! lol)
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #4602 
dlite

I have always wanted a betta fish so today I made the jump and bought a really nice blue/red betta, he now shares the 29g tank with a baby feeder gold fish. I only have a crappy webcam so I still haven't been able to get good pictures of him yet, he keeps hiding behind the filter intake but I was able to take some blurry pictures of my tank though.

Last edited by dlite; 10-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #4603 
Littlebittyfish

That is a beautiful tank! You may want to consider getting the betta his own tank though. Bettas and goldfish have diffrent water temperature needs. Bettas like warm water around 78-80 degrees and goldfish like colder water.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #4604 
Sweeda88

The tank is nice, but Goldfish and Bettas are not compatible tank mates. I'd get the Betta his own tank with a heater asap. Goldfish are cold water fish and Bettas need 78-80*.
LOL. Guess Littlebittyfish and I had the same thought. xD
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #4605 
BettaMiah

dlite- Sorry to infrorm you, but your tank is overstocked and stocked badly.

A feeder Goldfish will need 55 gallons full grown, not to mention they are Colwateter and Bettas are Tropical. Please remove the Goldfish and get him a proper home with double filtration and you can get some tankmates for your Betta.

EDIT- No, don't get the Betta his own tank. Get the GOLDFISH his own tank. That 29 isn't suitable for him.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #4606 
dlite

Well the water temperature has always been set at 80F even before I got the betta, I guess I will have to re-home the feeder fish(darn). He just keeps flaring at his own reflection caused by my black background, he has been at it all day Thanks for the compliments
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #4607 
BettaMiah

Good for you. I know it will be hard to let him go. Be sure to look for someone who wants to put him in a pond. I mean, they can be in Tanks, but I would much rather trust someone who wants him in a pond rather than even a 300 gallon!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #4608 
Sweeda88

Sorry that you'll have to rehome your Goldfish, but it's for the best! If you intend to get tankmates for your Betta, be sure to check out the Betta Fish Compatibility section of the forum. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #4609 
BettaMiah

You could do awesome things with the 29g!

Oh, and 80 degrees is WAYYYY to high for a Goldie. Not good!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #4610 
PiscisAmor

This is the corner of my sorority

I'll get a better pic later
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank