Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2011, 04:44 AM   #4761 
PitGurl

Thanks everyone. Still waiting for the 4 sisters, they better come today. Poor things have been in the mail since monday .
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #4762 
elainevdw

Hello! We were just gifted a betta. He's in a 3-gallon Marineland Eclipse tank, and I got his heater in yesterday. (Please excuse the hard water deposits... I need to figure out how to clean those off.)

Decided today that the little pagoda is his dojo for practicing Siamese fighting. :)

I was thinking about either planting a betta bulb or java moss in here for him, and just making sure to keep it trimmed down so it doesn't overgrow the tank. Is a 3-gallon too small for a fish and a live plant? The substrate and decorations take up about 0.5 gallons so it's effectively a 2.5 gallon tank. It looks like most of the planted tanks I'm seeing in this thread are 5+ gallons?

Also, ghost shrimp: Good idea/bad idea? Again, I worry about the bioload.
elainevdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #4763 
Sweeda88

Tanks are NEVER too small for live plants. Live plants have absolutely no bioload. They actually help keep the water pure.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #4764 
mjoy79

Wow! Welcome to the forum. Great tank!
I would say you could safely have some live plants in there. Just a warning - betta bulbs chances at actually growing are somewhat slim - in my experience. Maybe some good lighting would help them :)
I'm considering some ghost shrimp myself. Someone more experienced might be able to tell you if one would be good for a 3 gal. Great set up though. And pretty betta!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #4765 
LaLaLeyla

Any good plant suggestions for a 1 gallon kritter keeper? :)
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #4766 
TielBird101

Peach's remodeled and planted 3 gallon. ^.^
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #4767 
ArcticRain

TielBird101- Your tanks always look so nice! (as does everyone's!) I was wondering, My tanks never look as good or as crystal clear or as neat while still being fun and creative. Is there any secret method you use (or anyone else uses) for decorating your tank? If that makes any since.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #4768 
TielBird101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
TielBird101- Your tanks always look so nice! (as does everyone's!) I was wondering, My tanks never look as good or as crystal clear or as neat while still being fun and creative. Is thers any secret method you use (or anyone else uses) for decorating your tank? If that makes any since.
Thank you! ^.^ I always take pics of the WHOLE tank after a water change. X3 Live plants I think make a HUGE difference. I've just started with them and they're REALLY neat. ^.^

Backgrounds help a lot. I have a wood designed scrapbook paper because I had been planning on making it western themed but I decided to wait. :)

Putting your largest and tallest plants farther back and the shorter ones up front help too. :)

I'm sure your tank looks lovely! ^.^
Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #4769 
ArcticRain

Thank you! I will have to try that! I plan on switching the light out in my tanks to make them look more natural. I will have to try putting the taller plants in the back and maybe getting a few marbles..... Thanks again and great tank!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #4770 
TielBird101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
Thank you! I will have to try that! I plan on switching the light out in my tanks to make them look more natural. I will have to try putting the taller plants in the back and maybe getting a few marbles..... Thanks again and great tank!
Your welcome. ^.^
Cat's eye marbles look REALLY cool underwater. ;)

Thank you!

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank