Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #4811 
BettaMiah

How many gallons is her tank?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #4812 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57 View Post
ok well i will remove some of the gravel, and its just the camera that makes it look cloudy XD
I thought that might be it. Crappy cameras will do that. I can remember when I only had my webcam. It sucks!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #4813 
Marvelous

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
I would suggest turning off your bubbler for your plants. Those bubbles disrupting the surface release the (needed and naturally occurring) cO2 which your plants need and use to grow.

Also, for your anubias, pull it out of the gravel- the rhizome will rot and kill the plant while buried.
The bubbles were gone the next day, turns out the poor fish couldn't take it. I'll pull the plants out of the gravel and tie them to something. Thanks for the heads up! I'm brand new at plants.
Marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #4814 
CrowntailTwitchy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMiah View Post
How many gallons is her tank?
Around 2gal. She has lived happily in 2gal tanks for almost 5 months now. And yes, I understand that you're trying to help, so I'm not trying to get all defensive :)
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #4815 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
The bubbles were gone the next day, turns out the poor fish couldn't take it. I'll pull the plants out of the gravel and tie them to something. Thanks for the heads up! I'm brand new at plants.
Not a problem. This might be of some help- http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=76428
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #4816 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
Finally have gotten all my tanks in the same room - my dining room now turned betta paradise :)
On the left i have Justin (2.5G), Jin (3G), Jack and Sayid (divided 6.6G).
In the middle is Joey (2.5G), John Locke, Ross, Sawyer and Charlie (divided 20G)
On the right is Hurley (10G) and my sorority (10G)

Looks like I might still have room for a small table.:)
a table for dining or for more bettas? lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #4817 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
a table for dining or for more bettas? lol
oh for eating! No more bettas for me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish
That is the best dining room I have ever seen!XD
I wish I could get all my tanks in one area..it would make water changes much easier..My tanks are scattered throughout the house now. How are you filtering the 20? I plan on getting mine divided and setup sometime soon.

LOL thanks! Yes my 20G has a nice quiet filter on it. Sponge baffled and have the flow going over 2 sections so it doesn't impact any one section too much :) Once you have yours set up and going, I think you'll love it.
I've had a few trial and errors with dividers but I finally got it worked out :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57
here is Akemi in her home!
Yes we are indeed trying to help. I have 2 of those tanks and they are 1G. Your betta appears to be a giant. Or at least a very large girl. She may love her 1G but she might be happier with something a little more roomier. I just upgraded my Giant guy to a 10G because I felt like he didn't have enough room in his 3G. He loves swimming around in his new tank. Just a suggestion - we're not trying to come down on you. Akemi looks good :)

Last edited by mjoy79; 11-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #4818 
CrowntailTwitchy57

Whaaat??? I might have a GIANT?!? Geez, I thought she was a normal size! :D
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #4819 
BettaMiah

Okay 2 gal is okay. :)

She doesn't look like a Giant.... She would be much bigger.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #4820 
mjoy79

that betta APPEARS to be larger than a normal sized betta. I have a giant thats why I brought it up. either way its too big for the 1G tank its in. IMO
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank