Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #4941 
kfryman

I like your tank are those live plants? I wanna get another betta but I just can't afford to buy an aquarium like the one mine is in. I think I am going to buy everyone christmas presents before i blow all my money on fish hehe. Should I get a male or should I get a female to inspire my male betta to maintain his dang bubblenest?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #4942 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Critter keepers make perfect betta homes! I have two critter keepers. Petco makes their own brand of betta fish keepers..They are made for bettas.They have a blue lid and are usually sold near the fish bowls. I personally use a green lid reptile critter keeper...It is BPA free and the same thickness as the betta keeper, but cheaper and it holds right at 3 gallons. Critter keepers are also easy to filter and heat..Though, filtering isn't necessary if you want to do 100% water changes. You can have live plants in a critter keeper. I use a desk lamp with a daylight bulb that has 6500K for my live plants.
Here is a photo of my critter keeper:
What kind of filter and can you post a pic of your light?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #4943 
Sweeda88

This is the tank I set up for Aquarius and Angel. They're coming over on Thanksgiving with my sister. I will be keeping them permanently. She just can't remember to change the water and wants them to have a good home. Aquarius will be going in the left and Angel in the right. Angel has a cave coming with her, so that's why I only have plants in her side. I also included pictures of the fish. Angel is a female CT and Aquarius is a DBTHM.
Attached Images

Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #4944 
BettaMiah

Wow. Beatufiul air of Bettas! The girlie looks like she's in a bowl, how lucky she will feel when she gets to be in 5 Gallons!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #4945 
Sweeda88

Um, no. Not 5 gallons. It's a divided 5 gallon. So about 2 gallons, since it left about an inch unfilled for safety. The bowl she is in wasn't too tiny, either. It's a gallon. So it's not that bad.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #4946 
BettaMiah

Oops... That looked like a 10G.

*Hides in corner*
Old 11-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #4947 
Sweeda88

LOL. I'm not sure how it could look like a 10 gallon. That cave would have to be HUGE to fill up that much space in a 10 gallon. xD But, whatever. We all have our off days.

Last edited by Sweeda88; 11-23-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #4948 
BettaMiah

I've never seen one of those caves before...

Meep.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #4949 
wwendy104

Wink Ponyo's new tank

I got Ponyo about two weeks ago at the last moment and he was sharing a 2.5 gallon with my other fish for a temporary arrangement until I found something. He was so pretty I couldn't leave him at Petsmart. My other fish figured out how to get over the divider, so I finally got them seperated and they are both in atleast 2 gallons and very happy. Here is Ponyo's new palace, thanks to everyone here! Its a 2 gallon Jar with heater all for him to enjoy with new silk plants and a castle made for a king!
Attached Images

wwendy104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #4950 
mardi

http://youtu.be/0OKR0eGB3Es

A video of my Betta, Bowie, in his new home. I will be adding more things for him to play with and plants over the next couple of weeks. He's still not sure what to do with all the extra room he has, though he was this active in his old tank as well.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank