Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #5011 
LionCalie

Really gorgeous tank, undergunfire!
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #5012 
Neutron

Here's my 10 gallon, newly re-done community with 3 females, 2 emerald cories and an oto. The bettas are sisters from the same tank and so far getting along great! Just picked them up today.
Attached Images

Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #5013 
kfryman

How are you training him to flare on command? Faron jumps for food too!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #5014 
PewPewPew

@Neutron, keep an eye on the girls-- aggression cans tart at anytime, and probably will- dont judge just by the beginning!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #5015 
ManInBlack2010

i love your tank Neutron! What did you use to cut the pots?
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #5016 
acadialover

I think that happens really easily, and you are certainly not alone. A couple years ago, I bought 2, 5 gallon marineland mini bows, and they cost 52.oo apiece. Then two heaters, eco complete substrate, small , whisper HOB filters... well, then the Betta's. Good Lord..... the other day, and other 2.5 mini bow on sale..... never mind the stuff and fish for the 45 bowfront. Lighting, plants.. on and on and on ;0
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #5017 
Neutron

Yeah I made sure to put a lot of hiding spots in the tank. I'm going to get two more females to spread out any aggression that may occur. I watch them often during the day and have a couple extra small tanks incase I need to separate them.

And to cut the pots I soaked them in water first and placed a screw driver where I wanted the pot to break and whacked it with a hammer. Be careful if you try this method, the edges get really sharp and little pieces of the pot can fly off. Also sand the edges before putting them in the tank!!

I'm just gonna post my question here. I want to add two more females to the sorority but the tank full of females at my Lfs all look the same and I want some variety. Would it be ok to pick up two females from petsmart and add them? How would I go about adding them?

Last edited by Neutron; 12-02-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #5018 
Namazzi

The 30 gallon I finally got from my parents. lol. It's pretty plain right now. lol. I'm going to fix the divider asap. It works great, the fish wont be getting to eachother. But it's so... ugly and not very neat looking XD; I'll be fixing up the rest of the tank (plants decorations n such) in a couple weeks when i get back from Florida :P

My 4 year old nephew who 'helped' with the tank. (as in got in my way, let both the bettas in the tank together before the divider was in and sent me scrambling to get one of them out... and kept trying to put things in the tank. Fun stuff.. lol)

SunDance's Side:

Kittys Side (lol my nephew named him XD). There's 3 Neons in there with him. He gets along with them really well. lol. They were in the tank when i got it, so I'm kinda stuck with them. ... would it be okay to add a few more?

I miss having a betta next to me on my desk though... Someone please tell me no. I mean.. I only have a now empty 3 gallon sitting here.... lol.

Last edited by Namazzi; 12-02-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Namazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #5019 
Jodah

I'd tell ya not to, but I'd be lying.

epic tank though!
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #5020 
nel3

what are the signs that a betta cant stand a tank mate or larger tank? my vt does that by habit and took out 25% of his caudal and blew the anal fin? its been 3 weeks since he's been in the 5g divided and he has lots of hiding places.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank