Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #5021 
upngo

rescaped
upngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #5022 
TielBird101

Quote:
Originally Posted by upngo View Post
rescaped
You have a BEAUTIFUL tank!!! :O I love the sand. :) and the coconut and everything! XD
BTW, Is it a bad idea to have sand is you have snail in the tank?
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #5023 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Here's my 10 gallon, newly re-done community with 3 females, 2 emerald cories and an oto. The bettas are sisters from the same tank and so far getting along great! Just picked them up today.
Pretty tank, and the 3 girls already been addressed.. one more concern is that you have pots on the bottom.. but girls in sororities require a lot of medium to tall plants rather then bottom cover... the lines of sight where they spend most of their time needs to be broken up in at least 3 different places- both in the middle and top of the tank, as well as back wall to front wall. Having too much open space such as that will cause a lot of aggression issues. Males tend to prefer the caves, but for sororities, you will need plant coverage rather then caves.
One way is best explained is if you are looking into the tank from the side, you shouldn't easily see the glass on the other side. Right now there may not be aggression, but once they are adjusted fully and such, they will start to seek out territories and that is when you may have issues.

By all means, keep those pretty pots in there, but you will definitely want to add a lot more tall plants to give the girls a chance at escaping and hiding and setting up territory.

As for your question.. you will want to take them all out of the tank, cup them, float them all together, rearrange the tank and let them out- since the 3 girls you have in there already is setting up their own spaces, it needs to look like a new tank for them.

That's just my opinion.. here are a couple pictures by a couple members here, and there are tons more- but this shows you the basics on how it should be covered. Otherwise, it is a lovely tank for a betta :)
Attached Images

Last edited by Myates; 12-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #5024 
kfryman

Hey myates thanks for sharing. I want to setup a sorority soon just will take a while to get the tank up and running.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #5025 
Myates

Nice! Best of luck to you! And definitely want to see pictures when you do :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #5026 
LionCalie

Both Haku and Brutus got new digs.

Here is Haku's new home, it's a 3 gallon kit made by Tetra. I really love this tank! Found it at K-Mart of all places.

This tank is new at Petsmart, it's a Top Fin Aquascene 5 gallon kit.

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #5027 
acadialover

wow, those are awesome tanks ! I really really like the 5 gallon. So you haveheaters ?
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #5028 
Littlebittyfish

That 5 gallon is pretty cool! I dont think I have seen those at our petsmart.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #5029 
mardi

If LionCalie's tanks are the ones you're referring to; I spy heaters in both of the tanks. You can really see the one in the second to last picture, it's glowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
wow, those are awesome tanks ! I really really like the 5 gallon. So you haveheaters ?
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #5030 
undergunfire

I looove those tanks, Erika! I will have to check my PetSmart to see if they have that 5 gallon one. How much did you pay for it?
undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank