Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #5201 
PitGurl

Tinsel's new home. He sould be arriving tomorrow, yea! This is a Marineland 3 gallon. It's filtered and heated. My first time trying live plants.
Attached Images

PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #5202 
acadialover

Nice job !!!
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #5203 
PewPewPew

Holy swords! Make sure to get some root tabs for those guys and not to have too too much light on them. They like light, but diffused is best for them.

I like the set up, best wishes.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #5204 
PitGurl

Thanks guys
@pewpewpew- I did pick up some root tabs. They're planted in plant substrate too. The stores around here don't have a good selction of plants. Lot's of swords, lol. I wanted to make sure everything I got was aquatic. It seems all the petsmarts and petco are now getting those "tube" plants. Thanks for the tip on the lighting. Luckly my room gets good diffused light so I won't have to use the LED much.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #5205 
dlite

nice looking tank pitgurl, I love the bright green on that dark substrate
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #5206 
PewPewPew

Oh good! Good to hear. Swords are nice plants and will look great in tanks. If they begin to get too big, put em in a bigger tank...theyre tank busters! ( :c!! )

Is it eco-complete? My swords like it...vals, too. They go NUTS in eco complete with hardish water.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #5207 
PitGurl

It's Flora-max. Can you tell me the name of the short plant at the front? It looks like aquatic poison ivy, lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #5208 
Neil D

I haven't updated on my tank in a while, so here it is! The tank is 10 gallons, divided, heated and filtered, as well as cycled. There are two bettas, Josh on your right, Max on your left. Always the spazzes they are! lol
Attached Images

Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #5209 
angiessa

Just got my 10-gallon all set up. Walter's on the right, Crayola will be on the far left when he arrives, and the center will be empty for now. Crayola has had a history of tail biting, so I'm not going to put another boy in the center in case it stresses him. Might add an ADF at some point, but no other fish. I'll also be replacing all the artificial plants in this tank with live ones next week when I pull them from QT.
Attached Images

angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #5210 
angiessa

...and Norman's 5-gallon, which he has all to himself because he's far too high-strung to have a roommate.

From the following picture, you can see what he did to his fins in the short day and a half he was in a divided tank with Walter. As the picture shows, they're starting to get clear tips, so they're growing back, but I'm trying to keep him isolated to prevent any more problems. Little spaz. ;)

angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank