Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #5211 
Jodah

Was only supposed to browse today... but here's the little cutie I came home with. Her name is Freyja.

Course, I figured I had resealed this particular macquarium properly. Apparently I did not. So, gonna give her a week to chillax, then drain the tank and reseal it.... again.... for the third time....
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #5212 
angiessa

Ack, sorry the tank's giving you trouble...but I hope you can get it fixed. I really like the look of it.

And your new girl is lovely :)
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #5213 
Jodah

Well, these things happen when you don't do a full leak test... twice... with weight in it. Cuz without anything but water it's fine. I guess just the weight of the sand is enough to push down hard enough to cause a small leak. Either way, this tank is gonna be used instead of me staring at it. Same with its twin that is currently sitting on the floor.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #5214 
PewPewPew

I like what you did with the filter. Clever! I might do that if I begin using my HOB filters again.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #5215 
JKhoi

Bullet's 10g :)

Last edited by JKhoi; 01-04-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Picture mess up xD
JKhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #5216 
Larkspur

This is the fish tank I found at the good will for 3.99! It's a tetra glofish aquarium I was so excited when I found it! It was purple but I covered the outside with electrical tape XD
Larkspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #5217 
MJK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKhoi View Post
Bullet's 10g :)

Your tank looks amazing! Im in the process of setting up a 10 gallon planted tank and would be extremely happy if it turned out like this. Could you maybe give me your lighting specs and species of plants? Im just trying to get an idea of what people are using for their 10 gallon planted tanks.
MJK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #5218 
ManInBlack2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur View Post

This is the fish tank I found at the good will for 3.99! It's a tetra glofish aquarium I was so excited when I found it! It was purple but I covered the outside with electrical tape XD
i love the pink gravel, lol! and good thinking with the electrical tape! i went through that issue with my new 30g, it was from the 80's and had brown trim but the stand was black *facepalm* i covered the glass in newspaper and spraypainted it, i missed a couple spots but u can't see unless you look hard, maybe i'll use electrical tape to fix that up :D
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #5219 
WiggleSwim

Quote:
Originally Posted by audjree View Post
Here's my Christmas present to my female betta, Pearl. She was an impulse buy and lived in a temporary heated 1 gallon for the past two months.
With my Christmas money, I finally bought her a new 2.5 gallon with new decor and set it up thirty minutes ago, and she loves it. (: I'm really happy with it and all its colors and I'm sure she is too.

In those 2.5 glass tanks, how do you manage to add a filter, heater, etc. with the glass top?I looked at it but decided against it because of the top.
WiggleSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #5220 
JKhoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK87 View Post
Your tank looks amazing! Im in the process of setting up a 10 gallon planted tank and would be extremely happy if it turned out like this. Could you maybe give me your lighting specs and species of plants? Im just trying to get an idea of what people are using for their 10 gallon planted tanks.
Thanks and sure! :) That's over 100 dollars and something just for plants.. ._. But its totally worth it! Plus I believe it is a big bonus as my betta is more interested in the plants than his tank mates :) What ever keeps him busy = Less Fish death! I do notice he loves to sleep in many cracks and on top of many plants.

Plants that I have are usually ones you can get at your local pet store so it will be easy to get them. Plus all the plant in that tank are thriving! Just make sure you study on the amount of light to give each day. Also buy liquid fertilizer to help boost the plants! One I would suggest is the Aqueon brand.
I have plants such as Anubias, Anacharis, Hornwort, Java moss, Amazon swords (many types xD), Another moss that looks jelly ( not sure the actual name but next time I check the LPS Ill tell you!) and many others the I can't think of at the moment. Hope this helps you!

The lighting specs; I'm just using a normal florescent bulb for any house. ;( I'll make sure if I'll need to replace it though! It seems more than sufficient since most require moderate lighting.

Last edited by JKhoi; 01-04-2012 at 02:44 PM.
JKhoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank