Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #5231 
bahamut285

@WiggleSwim: What kind of temperatures are you getting with that heater? I have the same and I find it runs a little warm in a 2.5G
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #5232 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
@WiggleSwim: What kind of temperatures are you getting with that heater? I have the same and I find it runs a little warm in a 2.5G
Actually, i have the same one, and it runs a little cool..about 74...ugh...how do you do yours? i heard your supposed to put warmer water in the tank [when the bettas not in there] and itll matain that temp?
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #5233 
WiggleSwim

It usually does run around 74-76 degrees F. But yesterday, I had it on along with the tank light and nearby radiator. It got up to 81. I was nervous about it rising while I was sleep so I turned it off to try and regulate the heat since it doesn't turn itself off. It's been pretty warm here again, so I hadn't turned it back on.
WiggleSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #5234 
Jodah

Almost all of the "preset" heaters I've used I start with warmer water and they seem to maintain 78* better.

@wiggleswim : Did your minibow come with a base to set the tank on?
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #5235 
WiggleSwim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
Almost all of the "preset" heaters I've used I start with warmer water and they seem to maintain 78* better.

@wiggleswim : Did your minibow come with a base to set the tank on?
No, not this one. The one that I had to throw out because of a leak did, though, but it was an older model from about 6 years ago. I guess they stopped using the base. The weight of the water plus the surface I had my tank placed seemed to have warped it.
WiggleSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #5236 
bluebeard

I love this thread, it's great seeing everyone's setups.
Mine is a 5g tank, heated, filtered, lots of different kinds of live plants, several ramshorn snails and ghost shrimp. I've had this tank for a while but just got the crowntail betta two days ago. His name is Bluebeard after one of my favorite Kurt Vonnegut books (and of course the French folktale.)
Right now he wont stop flaring at his reflection but I'm hoping he'll calm down in a bit.
Attached Images

bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #5237 
acadialover

wow.... !! What a gorgeous boy and beautiful tank.
how do yo ukeep your plants up / ferts, water changes etc . What is your substrate ?/ what kind of plants ?
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #5238 
bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
wow.... !! What a gorgeous boy and beautiful tank.
how do yo ukeep your plants up / ferts, water changes etc . What is your substrate ?/ what kind of plants ?
Thanks so much! I'm pretty happy about it :)

Plants: Sagittaria (various types), anubias nana, pygmy chain sword, marimo, aponogeton, java fern (tied to drift wood), and the arch in the middle is pennywort! Oh and the floating plants are salvinia and frogbit.

Substrate: fine gravel

Water: 20-30% water changes every week. I don't use a gravel cleaner because the plants would become uprooted but the plants do a pretty good job of recycling the fish wastes.

Fertilizer:
Aqueon aquarium plant food, once a month
bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #5239 
Rex and Flower

Wow all of these tanks and aquariums and beautiful. Also humungous. It's pretty cool seeing all of these tanks. It show that people here really care about these spectacular fish. :)
Rex and Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #5240 
MelF1977

small sorority and dt male

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS TANK IS TEMPORARY.

Here's my 8 girls in a fluval 7.9......VERY densley planted with silk. I'm waiting for my new to me 30g to finish cycling. I also took a quick pic of my DT male in his plain bowl, 1.5g of water. It is heated. I bought a 3g Eclipse for my daughter's young blue boy (not pictured) that was mislabled at Petco as a girl. If I like this setup, I'll get 1 for my male too.
Attached Images

MelF1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank