Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #5411 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBuddy101 View Post
My Bettas recently redesigned 7.4 gallon home

I LOVE the natural look of this! Looks amazing
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #5412 
BettaBuddy101

Thanks. The plants don't seem to be doing too great which the picture doesn't show(smaller echinodorus melting, vallis doesn't seem to be doing so good), though the colours are much more vivid in reality. The hygrophilia (tall one on the left) has grown more since that picture. It sort of looks overgrown, but I don't mind that. I think it sort of makes it feel more natural and pablo (my betta) seems to enjoy swimming through it.
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #5413 
scootshoot

15 gallon long, presently housing 6 female bettas + 3 pepper cories + 4 ghost shrimp. Have a mix of live and silk plants (plan on adding more next time Petco or Petsmart has another clearance sale on plants), it's a good sign the tank has a fair amount of cover when one can hardly spot the inhabitants in this pic

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  62.1 KB
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #5414 
nintendobratkat

This is Bob the Betta. My daughter can only say "Bob" so that's his name lol.

nintendobratkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #5415 
BettaBuddy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendobratkat View Post
This is Bob the Betta. My daughter can only say "Bob" so that's his name lol.

Is that a fluval chi? If it is and if you haven't already got a cover for it (I can't tell from the pic), it would be a good idea to get one so that he doesn't jump out. I think fluval make on especially for the chi now. I like the glass pebbles in the gravel :)
Old 02-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #5416 
nintendobratkat

Quote:
Is that a fluval chi? If it is and if you haven't already got a cover for it (I can't tell from the pic), it would be a good idea to get one so that he doesn't jump out. I think fluval make on especially for the chi now. I like the glass pebbles in the gravel :)
Yeah I just found out yesterday that shrimp commit willing suicide without a cover. Fish hasn't been an issue but I'm ordering a lid atm. Petsmart can't get them and we have no other local fish stores. Also just ordered a heater since I didn't have one. Luckily winter here has been 70+ degrees.

Last edited by nintendobratkat; 02-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #5417 
BettaBuddy101

Sounds good. I'm sure there will be other places that sell lids apart from petsmart. Try putting it into google shopping search and you'll hopefully get results.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #5418 
nintendobratkat

Quote:
Sounds good. I'm sure there will be other places that sell lids apart from petsmart. Try putting it into google shopping search and you'll hopefully get results.
Yeah I ordered from Amazon (and a heater). I was rather sad that so few places sell them even online. There are tank packages with them but I got my tank at the local Petsmart lol. I learned so much on these forums recently my husband's sister was talking about fish and I told her to get a bigger tank! Goldfish in a 1.5G tank = not okay!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #5419 
sourgrl

our "upgraded" tank, a 3.5 gallon tank from petsmart. basically it's petco's 3.5 gallon glofish tank. eventually i hope to add some live plants.

bigger was not better for our little tailbiter also, i think he really wanted to be where all the action is so we moved him to our family room which required a smaller tank. thankfully, his tail is growning back!

sourgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #5420 
Dzpixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Hey DzPixie, it must be hard to heat those 0.8s. What kind of heater are you using?
Hey Bombalurina,

I'm not using heaters at present....the office is warm most of the time...plus I leave my light and heater on ....
Dzpixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank