Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #5431 
JBosley

Dragonfly's Kritter Keeper This is my Betta's, Dragonfly, home! Currently a Kritter Keeper, will eventually upgrade when I can afford to. He seems very happy! Active, hungry little man. We THINK he is a Super Delta or a Halfmoon, need to get some flaring pictures so people can help me identify.
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #5432 
BettaBuddy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel76 View Post
New two week old 10G tank for a few female bettas. Currently added 2 female bettas a week ago. We would like to see if we can get 4-6 females together. Please feel free to suggest ideas or suggestions.

Looks nice and colourful. I'd advise you think about add some more cover though, eg on the higher 'levels' of the tank. Its always important when keeping females to have heavy cover, so they can establish territories and hide if need be. Some tall, silk plants would do great.
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #5433 
Littlebittyfish

My 10 gallon divided for Milo and Oscar.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #5434 
Jodah

SO, while doing a 100% wc this weekend, I decided the kids tanks were just too barren looking. So, grabbing some older silk plants I wasn't using and stuck em in. Mehtinks it looks much better. Also redid The light fixture on Ankou's tank. No more dealing with having to tape the lights to the back of his tank anymore!

And for those wondering, no, the tanks are not nearly as bright as the pics show them to be. They're actually relatively dim in person.
Jodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #5435 
Myates

Great looking tanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzpixie View Post
I'm not using heaters at present....the office is warm most of the time...plus I leave my light and heater on ....
Keep in mind the water temp will be at least a few degrees cooler then the temp of the room- the smaller the tank, the colder it is and faster it fluctuates which can become deadly.
As well as I suggest not to leave the lights on 24/7, as they need a day/night schedule to get the needed "sleep" to restore their bodies such as we do- a light on 24 hrs will cause them to become restless and not get enough rest.
Both of those (the cool water and not enough rest) will cause their immune system to be weaker, more lethargic.. the excess light could cause stress.
If the light has to be on, I suggest partially wrapping the tanks (the sides facing the light) to give them some cover of darkness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimrshmll0 View Post
This is my new home to my 4 beautiful girls: Pinky (1 old), an babies: Goldy, Rainbow & Greenie.

Great size tank, good number of girls, but I highly recommend a lot more cover- with sororities you have to be very careful and specific- as they are just as aggressive as males and could turn at any time.. so one must give them the best chance to hide and cover when being chased. Lots of medium to tall plants are a must for sororities- you should break the lines of sight at least 3 ways when looking from the side view of the tank.. place the plants close to the front and back to give them the feeling of security and so they can set up their own territories.
Having a bare tank will cause problems, it's just a matter of when it happen. And even when everything is perfect, things still happen most of the time- so all we can do is give them the best opportunity to live safely.

Don't mean to harp, but wanted to throw out some tips. Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #5436 
Dzpixie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post

Keep in mind the water temp will be at least a few degrees cooler then the temp of the room- the smaller the tank, the colder it is and faster it fluctuates which can become deadly.
As well as I suggest not to leave the lights on 24/7, as they need a day/night schedule to get the needed "sleep" to restore their bodies such as we do- a light on 24 hrs will cause them to become restless and not get enough rest.
Both of those (the cool water and not enough rest) will cause their immune system to be weaker, more lethargic.. the excess light could cause stress.
If the light has to be on, I suggest partially wrapping the tanks (the sides facing the light) to give them some cover of darkness.

Will turn the lights off so they do get the cycle...I do have a thermometer that measures the temp and it hasn't fallen below the minimum yet....Thanks for the tips!
Dzpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 AM   #5437 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
To be exact I'm not sure, last time I did a count I had 37 I believe it was, and I've added alot more since then,
Just kinda got to the point I stopped counting.
Here's a few more pics, some tanks some fish,
Attachment 1500

Attachment 1501

Attachment 1502

Attachment 1503

Attachment 1504
wow your red crowntail looks exactly like my Rufio <3
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #5438 
minimrshmll0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post

Great size tank, good number of girls, but I highly recommend a lot more cover- with sororities you have to be very careful and specific- as they are just as aggressive as males and could turn at any time.. so one must give them the best chance to hide and cover when being chased. Lots of medium to tall plants are a must for sororities- you should break the lines of sight at least 3 ways when looking from the side view of the tank.. place the plants close to the front and back to give them the feeling of security and so they can set up their own territories.
Having a bare tank will cause problems, it's just a matter of when it happen. And even when everything is perfect, things still happen most of the time- so all we can do is give them the best opportunity to live safely.

Don't mean to harp, but wanted to throw out some tips. Good luck!
Thank you so much :) Will do right away! And Im glad its enough space n.n
minimrshmll0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #5439 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
wow your red crowntail looks exactly like my Rufio <3
uhhhm, in the like 3rd or 4th....do u have 2 males together O.o happily? no fighting? is this magic?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #5440 
pyro fiend

now that my other 2 bettas passed away i decided to put my betta taipan int a comunity tank.. i think its a tad overstocked perhaps. but it shall due till i get more decr n stuff to put them in a 20long

iin tais 10g comunity tank there is 1 pair of red wag swordtails [male n female] a pair of black and yellow platties a orange plattie all about a inch long.. oh and a 5in pleco [sail fin i think] who seems to never move lol ;D overstocked? btw yes my phones camera sucks.. ill hopfully put bettr picture on tonight lol

Name:  0206122319-00.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  45.4 KB
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank