Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #5491 
MistersMom

sorority tank. with food floating....looks kinda gross...
Attached Images

MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #5492 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
omgosh, i luv ur little kritter keeper, i have on for my Sir....uhm... where did you get the leaf hammock though??
I got it at my local Pet Valu, but you can get them online.

Quote:
Madame- you can actually put more water into that KK to almost the top- less water means it's not a 2.5 gallon. Just use a large cup to take out water when doing the 100% if you are afraid of carrying it full. But he would appreciate the added half gallon or so that is at the top :) Can't wait to see him in his new home!
I'm planning on adding more. For now, it's just really heavy when it's full and hard to get up on my dresser.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #5493 
ozzysangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Nice tanks everyone!

Madame- you can actually put more water into that KK to almost the top- less water means it's not a 2.5 gallon. Just use a large cup to take out water when doing the 100% if you are afraid of carrying it full. But he would appreciate the added half gallon or so that is at the top :) Can't wait to see him in his new home!

Ozzy- have to agree with Fawn, a 2.5 is no where near big enough to hold multiple fish- anything below 10 shouldn't have more then one fish in it- as the tank is not big enough to hold the bio load it's carrying right now with the guppies. And as mentioned, it being a smaller tank you are cramping them in close- some bettas don't do well with other fish and in small tank they will feel closed in and can be ticking time bombs waiting to go off- same with the guppies- they will go after the betta, and since the tank is bare, there is no place for them to hide in. Definitely recommended to rehome the guppies into 10 gallons + cycled tank.. the 2.5 will never be cycled and that can affect their health.
I took the guppies out soon after I put Ryou in there. They are in their own tank now.
ozzysangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #5494 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
sorority tank. with food floating....looks kinda gross...
You need much more plants in there, as girls need alot of cover to co-exist. Floating plants are a good idea too, they don't have to be live but I find that hornwort works beautifully. If you look at the tank from the side, and you can see through to the other side, it's not enough.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #5495 
Myates

MistersMom-
Also, try to get the girls in a habit of coming to the top for food, as it looks like you just threw in the pellets willy-nilly and no one is eating them.

Feeding a sorority can be tricky, you don't want to over feed some, and under feed others- so getting them to come to you will help that, and dropping in a pellet one at a time at each girl will make sure they get the proper nutrition.. and also avoids all that food from going to the bottom, not being found, and fouling up the water.

Just a tip on feeding is all, since you already know that you need to add in another girl, and more plants..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #5496 
MistersMom

they were eating it, but then i walked in and they all rushed away, they always eat, i don't feed them but once a day.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #5497 
MistersMom

i bough another girl today and im getting more plants saturday.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #5498 
Myates

Recommendation (take if you wish to) is to feed them twice a day, and feed them one at a time- pellet wise.. feeding only once will tend to usually over feed or under feed them- dropping in a bunch and walking away will leave the girls fighting for them, some eating more then others which could cause improper nutrition and health problems from malnourishment.

Drop in one pellet in front of each girl at feeding time.. or a couple at a time to make sure each gets one.. feed each one a total of 2-3 pellets per meal, twice a day.

I do hope you rearranged the tank when introducing her, and when you get more plants to help them not attack the new girl. Make sure to pick up at least 8 more plants of tall and medium sizes.. if not a few more even.

Just want to make sure they stay healthy and safe, so you won't lose any more :(
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #5499 
MistersMom

yeah i think ive gotten to where i know more about them, i'll post my tank now.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #5500 
MistersMom

There is literally NO ROOM left in my tank..... i had to take out a mug and put in a little cubby hole thing (lower right corner in the front) and the cat has a hole in the back of its head, a huge one..... and i got 1 new plant from a friend.... keep in mind its ten inches thick and inches wide, its actually quite roomy......i think its a 10 0or 15 gallon, i have NO clue....
Attached Images

Last edited by MistersMom; 02-17-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, feelin'likeavandal, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank