Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #5531 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctang13 View Post
I just got him my tank got cloudy when he came ( idk how it just got cloudy when i came back ) hes a delta
Cute boy you have..

As for the tank being cloudy- how long has it been up and running prior to adding him? New tanks haven't established a cycle, so when adding in fish it will cause spikes in ammonia and such which can cause the water to become cloudy (not to mention can be dangerous to the fish). I would recommend a small partial water change if your tank is still cloudy.. that should help bring down the parameters and remove the cloudiness.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #5532 
minimrshmll0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Yay! Definitely better with more plants, safer for the girls and it will make them happier, as you have seen. :) Glad they are all doing great.. and you're welcome! Glad to see that my nitpicking ways actually helped someone on this thread :) lol
They are MUCH happier :D It was instant contentment & the little ones follow Pinkie everywhere. Pinkie acts like the Queen n.n Im glad she's comfortable with everything too. Thank you again for great advice c:
minimrshmll0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #5533 
LittleBeta

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisykd View Post
Lateness but your tank is amazing Littlebeta!
Haha thanks! ^_^ It's a pain in the butt sometimes though >.> EXPECIALY because I have two tenny tiny ghost shrimp in there XD
LittleBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #5534 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergunfire View Post
I redid my 10g tank because I'm just not a fan of divided tanks, so I'm not sure why I keep doing it . Ghost Rider shares it with 6 Pygmy Cories (may add 3 more from my other tank) and 3 Assassin snails. Its a NPT....

Since Levi got kicked out of the 10g, I decided to put him in the 5g MiniBow that I got from Goodwill for $3.50 (and the Hydor Mini heater that came with it works too!). Its got real plants, rocks, driftwood, and real river sand...just no potting soil as a base.

This tank does NOT photograph well ...

I am soooooo freaking jealous of those!!! They're gorgeous! Is that stuff tied to the driftwood in the first pic Java Moss?
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #5535 
carolinagirl

Hi!! So here is Bluegrass's new 5 gal home. He definitely moved up in space and seems much happier!! Gotta do something with the filter cause he doesn't like swimming around with it on. Also experimenting with frozen blood worms cause he doesn't seem to want to eat his pellets.

the first pic was his old tank (if u can even call it that) but at least I can keep it around to use as a ?hospital tank?--not sure if I used the proper term!!
Attached Images

carolinagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #5536 
MistersMom

dude. your fish. that green one. is omehgosh GORGEOUS. :d i want it. O.o i love green...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #5537 
JBosley

New setup! I am very happy with my new setup of Dragonfly's tank. Can't wait to get more silk plants! They are so awesome.
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #5538 
kfryman

Here is my NPT sorority. Has been setup for a almost two months, but has only had fish in it for three weeks. Shrimp for about a month.

I just realized it is not up to date.
Attached Images

kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #5539 
SacredSeaMonkey

My newly set up Betta's home, now the waiting game for the next day or so. Is the filter making too much movement btw?

SacredSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #5540 
EmilyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Here is my NPT sorority. Has been setup for a almost two months, but has only had fish in it for three weeks. Shrimp for about a month.

I just realized it is not up to date.
Its turned out beautifully! It has come a long way from when you first posted pictures! I bet your girls love it in there.
EmilyN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank