Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #5561 
Bombalurina

Ivandert, there is a thread discussing water bridges that would swoon with envy over that first tank!

How do you heat them?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #5562 
lvandert

I actually keep my house really warm so there isn't much heating needed. lol I have a tropical bird. My 5 gal is the only tank with a thermometer and it hangs anywhere from 78-82
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #5563 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
I actually keep my house really warm so there isn't much heating needed. lol I have a tropical bird. My 5 gal is the only tank with a thermometer and it hangs anywhere from 78-82
What type of tropical bird do you have? Most can deal with a large range of temperatures. do you live in a cold climate?
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #5564 
lvandert

I live in Rapid City SD and I have a cockatiel. She can handle a small range but this way I don't really have to worry about heating my tank
Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #5565 
copperarabian

Yeah, not heating the tank must be nice :) I wish I could get away with that, I live in San Jose CA, maybe in the summer but not during winter if you can even call it a winter lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #5566 
lvandert

It kinda is. I never used to heat my betta tanks when I was younger because my mom refused to admit they needed one. My fishies would live for a good 2 or 3 years before they died so I just went with it. Patrick was in that specific cage for 5 months unheated. Most of those in our old house, which had really sucky heating. He's obviously happier now
Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #5567 
newarkhiphop

omelet

and

jaws and omelet

both in one gallon heated, omelet has white sand, jaws white gravel

hoping to move them in a one larger divided tank over the summer
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #5568 
a123andpoof

I like omelets tanks. And both are beautiful fish!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #5569 
MistersMom

i am UBER excited, i got a TWENTY GALLON TANK....... and thats not the best part, the best part is it was FREE, i sadly have a 15 gallon filter and heater in it, working on that issue, but its actually pretty warm, i think the heater is alright, and the filter is in the middle of the tank to get most of the tanks water, and i got a new betta.... i need to make a divider and buy a hood for it though, but the canvas i bought isnt large enough in width, so im gonna need to get more and some more binder things for the edges, so i DO plan on divideing it or makeing it a community tank. my new betta is solid maroon. i naamed him nemo.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #5570 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkhiphop View Post
omelet

and

jaws and omelet

both in one gallon heated, omelet has white sand, jaws white gravel

hoping to move them in a one larger divided tank over the summer
Very pretty fish! I love the white gravel and sand! Where did you get the white sand? Is it hard to keep clean?
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank