Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #5571 
BarleyBear

[quote=undergunfire;989413]I redid my 10g tank because I'm just not a fan of divided tanks, so I'm not sure why I keep doing it . Ghost Rider shares it with 6 Pygmy Cories (may add 3 more from my other tank) and 3 Assassin snails. Its a NPT....

Beautiful tank and beautiful betta!
BarleyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #5572 
BarleyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Radagast...the Brown? :D
That is a beautiful tank, BarleyBear.

Yep! You're only the second person to recognize the name. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #5573 
BarleyBear

[quote=kfryman;993661]Here is my NPT sorority. Has been setup for a almost two months, but has only had fish in it for three weeks. Shrimp for about a month.

I just realized it is not up to date.[/QUOTE

Is that a Buddha or Kwan Yin? Looks really nice!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #5574 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
Very pretty fish! I love the white gravel and sand! Where did you get the white sand? Is it hard to keep clean?

bought a 5lb bag for $5 @ petco, just picked it up sunday so far it doesnt look like it will be hard to clean , just going to have to make sure i rinse it a bit more than gravel, wish i would have gotten a different color though
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #5575 
xjenuhfur

Okay so I'm going on vacation for a week && I'm taking my 2.5 gal tank with me. Its a downgrade for Goblin from a 4 gallon, and I'm taking a gallon of water he's acclimated too so its practically half his water half new water. Here's a picture of the tank I'm taking.

I have a couple fairly large silk plants I can stick in there if need be.

Oh && since I'm going to the beach, I was wondering if I could steal some of the sand (its really pretty white) and use it to start a NPT?
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #5576 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkhiphop View Post
bought a 5lb bag for $5 @ petco, just picked it up sunday so far it doesnt look like it will be hard to clean , just going to have to make sure i rinse it a bit more than gravel, wish i would have gotten a different color though
Okay, cool :) I'll have to see if my petco has any. Thanks! :)
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #5577 
labloverl

Just browsing, but what does NPT mean?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #5578 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
Just browsing, but what does NPT mean?
Natural Planted Tank :)
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #5579 
labloverl

Thank you!
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #5580 
BarleyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjenuhfur View Post
Okay so I'm going on vacation for a week && I'm taking my 2.5 gal tank with me. Its a downgrade for Goblin from a 4 gallon, and I'm taking a gallon of water he's acclimated too so its practically half his water half new water. Here's a picture of the tank I'm taking.

I have a couple fairly large silk plants I can stick in there if need be.

Oh && since I'm going to the beach, I was wondering if I could steal some of the sand (its really pretty white) and use it to start a NPT?
We have beautiful white quartz sand here on the Gulf Coast. I've heard of people using it in freshwater tanks after they rinse it extremely well to remove salt and other debris. I'm not sure I'd risk it. However, BlackwaterRriver and some other creeks and rivers in the area have almost the same kind of white sand. I've used that in tanks before after rinsing it well.

Where are you going on vacation? If it's anywhere on the Gulf Coast, keep in mind we still find tar balls once in a while. Might not be a great choice.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank