Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #5631 
littlemermaid
New Member
 
littlemermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: W.Va
I give up! lol It was HUGE when I first posted, now it's to small and I cannot go back to edit. Oh well! :) I love the cat on Nemo's side, very cute!
littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #5632 
MistersMom
Member
 
MistersMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemermaid View Post
I give up! lol It was HUGE when I first posted, now it's to small and I cannot go back to edit. Oh well! :) I love the cat on Nemo's side, very cute!

LOL, and thanks!
i plan on getting more plants since its so empty soon.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #5633 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Spike's home as of now, I'll be adding a Pennywort to replace the middle plant/the plant woven in the smaller log/possibly adding some into the back left corner.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #5634 
MistersMom
Member
 
MistersMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Spike's home as of now, I'll be adding a Pennywort to replace the middle plant/the plant woven in the smaller log/possibly adding some into the back left corner.
Gorgeous!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #5635 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Gorgeous!
Thankies, I am very pleased with the look the sand has given his tank. I cant wait to move it into our new apartment, hopefully the kitchen counter tops will be a darker color giving it a GREAT contrast.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #5636 
MistersMom
Member
 
MistersMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Thankies, I am very pleased with the look the sand has given his tank. I cant wait to move it into our new apartment, hopefully the kitchen counter tops will be a darker color giving it a GREAT contrast.
is the sand any more difficult to use than gravel?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #5637 
littlemermaid
New Member
 
littlemermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: W.Va
I've been looking at tanks all day for ideas for the new tank I am getting tomorrow and I am seriously considering sand, beautiful!
littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #5638 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
is the sand any more difficult to use than gravel?
It is easier to clean, just wave the gravel vacuum a coupla inches above the sand and it picks up the poo. The only difference between it and gravel is you should agitate it once a week to make sure gas isn't building up.

For me there are few annoying things about it and that is when your just adding it. You haveta rinse it for atleast 45 mins to get rid of particles. And when adding water your water maybe cloudy for quite a while. It took 12 hours for my water to clear.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #5639 
MistersMom
Member
 
MistersMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
It is easier to clean, just wave the gravel vacuum a coupla inches above the sand and it picks up the poo. The only difference between it and gravel is you should agitate it once a week to make sure gas isn't building up.

For me there are few annoying things about it and that is when your just adding it. You haveta rinse it for atleast 45 mins to get rid of particles. And when adding water your water maybe cloudy for quite a while. It took 12 hours for my water to clear.

Whoa!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #5640 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Whoa!
Yeah it is totally worth it. Upon planting that middle plant, in the gravel I have to dig so much just to keep it from floating up. In the sand, I just lightly pushed/lightly moved the sand around.
In gravel it took me 2-3 mins to plant that fake plant
In the sand, it took my 5 seconds.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new 10 gallon home for my 2 rescued bettas<3 Wed Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 15 11-18-2010 05:46 PM
New home for my boys (pics) marshall2288 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 11 05-30-2009 09:49 PM
Maybe some of Vegans rescue bettas home... Livelifelaughlove Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 3 04-03-2009 04:30 PM
Where did the thread go for Betta tank/home pics? anastasiavixen Betta Pictures 3 04-02-2009 03:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.