Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #5841 
FishyFishy89

That tank is very over stocked.
I only have Spike in his 5.5 and more than likely won't be adding more fish. The tanks cannot handle the bioload. And how the water looks doesn't always mean it is or is not overstocked. The user could of just finished adding fish to the new water.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #5842 
MistersMom

well if you keep it clean the io-load shouldnt be a problem.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #5843 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
When i hear 'over stocked' i think 'nasty, murky, unhealthy, brown water, tons of fish, too small of a tank' not at all whats in those videos, in my opinion, it's not overstocked, unless you have so many fish that they are constantly swimming into each other, but we only see the width, we need to take account for the depth, they have more than the width in the video, they have lots of room to run and hide, granted, a ten gallon would be best for both tanks, and having only a single fish like a betta would be best, but i wouldn't re-home them Immediately, i would just save up for a 10 gallon with the filter and what not, and make plenty of yard sale or flea market trips and check walmart and petco sales for cheaper things.
You would find 4 albino Corydoras, 6 neon tetras, and a male Betta fine bio load wise. I would highly doubt that. Albino Corydoras have a relatively high ammonia waste and bio load due to there bulkieness , 6 neon tetras would produce a very high amount of waste added on to the fact of 4 albino Corydoras but even a cater that. A male Betta would firth worsen it. My recommendation would be similar to micho's and rehome to fish as soon as you can or get a 15 gallon+ tank as even a 10 gallon is far too small
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #5844 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBettaLoverxX View Post
This is what my Fluval Chi 5 looks like now. I love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OczV0...eature=channel

This is the new Marineland tank I got while it was on sale at petsmart, my betta from Aquabid loves it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oA-y...eature=channel
They are both extremely attractive tanks, particularly the Fluval. You have an eye for this. :) However, the other guys are right when they say very overstocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
When i hear 'over stocked' i think 'nasty, murky, unhealthy, brown water, tons of fish, too small of a tank' not at all whats in those videos, in my opinion, it's not overstocked, unless you have so many fish that they are constantly swimming into each other, but we only see the width, we need to take account for the depth, they have more than the width in the video, they have lots of room to run and hide, granted, a ten gallon would be best for both tanks, and having only a single fish like a betta would be best, but i wouldn't re-home them Immediately, i would just save up for a 10 gallon with the filter and what not, and make plenty of yard sale or flea market trips and check walmart and petco sales for cheaper things.
Overstocked doesn't necessarily mean dirty water. I'm overstocked, but I take meticulous care of my tank and it is working out ok. However, we all know the depth of those tanks as well as the width (if you don't, google them). The Fluval Chi does not supply the swimming space you need for a school of neons, and really can't support the bioload. A tank as small as 5 gallons, although capable of holding a cycle, isn't stable enough to support that many fish.
Further, the Marineland 3 gallon definitely cannot support 3 danios AND a betta, much less the 6 danios needed for a happy school. Danios are massively active fish and really do need the full width of a 24 inch tank.

BettaLover, I strongly suggest saving up for a 2 ft tank, at least 15 gallons, and moving the tetras and danios into that, boosting the danio school to 6.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #5845 
Mo

Then what to do about the albino cories............... You would need atleast a 20 gallon to house all of the fish.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #5846 
Litlover11

Overstocked doesn't always mean murky water. I have three peppered cories and a platy in a ten gallon, and that is overstocked. I constantly have to clean it to keep the water conditions satisfactory. My friend is giving me a 40 gallon, and as soon as I acquire and cycle it, those tankmates are moving.
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #5847 
Karebear13

@ litlover11 that betta in your avatar is amazing
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #5848 
Litlover11

Thank you! Sadly the little stinker doesn't look like that anymore, as he has a terrible tail biting problem. He is getting better now that he is in a 10g, but his fins are still pretty short.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #5849 
Karebear13

awww poor guy :( im sorry Tail biting is such a pain... Hope he heals soon!

Do you have any other pics of him I would like to see some close up he looks amazing in that picture
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #5850 
Litlover11

Yeah, here is a head shot of him when I first got him.
Name:  IMG_0737.JPG
Views: 495
Size:  53.5 KB
Here is a closer full body picture
Name:  IMG_0865.JPG
Views: 495
Size:  91.3 KB
And here he is today. Sigh. He is the most aggressive, neurotic betta I have ever had, and he attacks everything, including himself. That is why I named him Ares after the god of war. I still love him though.
Name:  P1000016.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  62.6 KB

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank