Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #5871 
Karen208

Yes its 5 gallon. Its the same as that 10 but 5. I think its actually this one but in the store its called Aqua Culture and costs a little less. All the pamphlets inside are for Tetra.
Karen208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #5872 
MadameDesu

Huh, that's interesting. I was thinking of getting the Hawkeye 5 gallon from Walmart, but I'll definitely be considering this one too.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #5873 
Andrometer

This is the main fish tank, newly renovated today with more coherent decor and a new and improved filter (kept the old media)! Yay! I had a phase with real plants, but these are obviously mostly-fake now. There's still one anubias in the far right and three small water wisteria plants in the middle though. And the marimos, of course.
It's a 10 gallon divided into three, a short-tailed boy on either end and a veil-tail girl in the middle. (Icarus, Eleanor, and Nero respectively.) They have been this way for a while now and everyone is completely fine with one another. I think the boys are brothers, because they're similar-looking, were purchased around the same time, and... well, both have a serious problem with tumors... Taking it day-by-day with that, but they're still very happy and eating well, so... (:

And this is Julius my halfmoon. Of course, he doesn't look much like a halfmoon because, from what I gather, he's a very nervous type of fish. He hates live plants (he eats them to get them out of his way!) and demands no less than four pellets a day or he'll... get paranoid and eat his tail off even more than he usually does. Julius has such odd behavior! Honestly, he's been doing better in this small 1.5 gallon setup than anything else, so that's where I'm keeping him. (:

Bonus tiger salamander larva tank! Got him/her on a whim a couple of weeks ago from a mall stand, thinking it was an axolotl, since I was unaware that there was more than one species that had external gills as larvae. Especially since that's what the pamphlet said, even though it did not identify the species. I did some quick research to be sure I could take care of an axie, since they were selling out very quickly to people who would surely keep them in the tiny kritter keepers they were being sold in... (Ugh, it was just like the betta cups I swear!) I should have been smart enough to do a more thorough search. >_>
Well, after a huge proclamation of "NEVER AGAIN!" I vowed that, since I bought the poor baby with the intention of giving it a good home, I would do just that, even though it wasn't what I expected. I bought a filter that could accommodate lowering water levels and a little turtle landing pad for it to try out. Now, I kinda can't wait for it to become a terrestrial salamander! Its name is Noodle, but my mother calls it Sheldon, haha. The tank is a 20 gallon, about half-filled right now.

Last edited by Andrometer; 04-08-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Andrometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #5874 
Shirleythebetta

noodle/sheldon is neat lol.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #5875 
littlemermaid

Super Mario Tank

My 30 gallon Super Mario tank. Not a betta tank but I thought I would share anyways. Hope thats ok :)

littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #5876 
MadameDesu

I LOVE that tank, littlemermaid!!!!
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #5877 
cjayBetta

omgosh i want to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #5878 
SacredSeaMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemermaid View Post
My 30 gallon Super Mario tank. Not a betta tank but I thought I would share anyways. Hope thats ok :)

Love, love, LOVE!!
SacredSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #5879 
Jessicatm137

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemermaid View Post

WOW that is cool.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #5880 
RedFynn21

Wow! Such pretty tanks!

Andrometer-- absolutely love what you've done w/ the divided 10 Gal. Pretty!

littlemermaid-- love the Super Mario theme! Very creative!

I'll post a few pics of my ten gallon. I re-decorated it finally. It's a little sparse, but I'm working on get more plants/hidey holes. ATM, it's just my VT Fynn, and I'm thinking he'll just keep it to himself as he uses all of it. Will post some pics of my smaller tanks when I re-do them later.

RedFynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank