Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #5881 
Shirleythebetta

plants match perfectly with the backround. love it!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #5882 
RedFynn21

Thanks! I just hope live plants don't croak on me. No green thumb here.
RedFynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #5883 
xShainax

Lol, his 29 gallon aquarium
Attached Images

xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #5884 
CasperandSunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrometer View Post
This is the main fish tank, newly renovated today with more coherent decor and a new and improved filter (kept the old media)! Yay! I had a phase with real plants, but these are obviously mostly-fake now. There's still one anubias in the far right and three small water wisteria plants in the middle though. And the marimos, of course.
It's a 10 gallon divided into three, a short-tailed boy on either end and a veil-tail girl in the middle. (Icarus, Eleanor, and Nero respectively.) They have been this way for a while now and everyone is completely fine with one another. I think the boys are brothers, because they're similar-looking, were purchased around the same time, and... well, both have a serious problem with tumors... Taking it day-by-day with that, but they're still very happy and eating well, so... (:

And this is Julius my halfmoon. Of course, he doesn't look much like a halfmoon because, from what I gather, he's a very nervous type of fish. He hates live plants (he eats them to get them out of his way!) and demands no less than four pellets a day or he'll... get paranoid and eat his tail off even more than he usually does. Julius has such odd behavior! Honestly, he's been doing better in this small 1.5 gallon setup than anything else, so that's where I'm keeping him. (:

Bonus tiger salamander larva tank! Got him/her on a whim a couple of weeks ago from a mall stand, thinking it was an axolotl, since I was unaware that there was more than one species that had external gills as larvae. Especially since that's what the pamphlet said, even though it did not identify the species. I did some quick research to be sure I could take care of an axie, since they were selling out very quickly to people who would surely keep them in the tiny kritter keepers they were being sold in... (Ugh, it was just like the betta cups I swear!) I should have been smart enough to do a more thorough search. >_>
Well, after a huge proclamation of "NEVER AGAIN!" I vowed that, since I bought the poor baby with the intention of giving it a good home, I would do just that, even though it wasn't what I expected. I bought a filter that could accommodate lowering water levels and a little turtle landing pad for it to try out. Now, I kinda can't wait for it to become a terrestrial salamander! Its name is Noodle, but my mother calls it Sheldon, haha. The tank is a 20 gallon, about half-filled right now.

I ABSOLUTLY am in love with this tank. AWESOME AWESOME AWSOME, now I can convince my husband I can hae three bettas and fit them in just one tank. SCORE. Thanks for sharing!
CasperandSunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #5885 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperandSunny View Post
I ABSOLUTLY am in love with this tank. AWESOME AWESOME AWSOME, now I can convince my husband I can hae three bettas and fit them in just one tank. SCORE. Thanks for sharing!
Awwww....I want one of those salamander things so bad
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #5886 
Aus

Sid's old tank (RIP Sid..) with its new occupant, Cleo:

Next water change, I'm planting the wisteria in the substrate. Those roots are crazy long now.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #5887 
MadameDesu

I love all of these heavily planted tanks! Very jungle-y, Aus!
And I LOVE Cleo!
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #5888 
PandaBetta

Just wanted to add my tank to the bettas home :)

PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #5889 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperandSunny View Post
wait so is that an axolotl or a salamander it looks so much like an axolotl?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #5890 
Bombalurina

PandaBetta: you should know that some of your neons are actually cardinals. I would suggest sorting out who is who and making sure you just have 6 of one species, not a mix.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank