Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #6061 
Kim

Looks like a standard 10 gallon to me ;)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #6062 
magnum

Stu's new home (: He loves swimming through the tops of the plants, and hiding (:

http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/...3DIMG_2778.jpg

Sigh. Pictures still arn't working :L
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #6063 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post
Stu's new home (: He loves swimming through the tops of the plants, and hiding (:

http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/...3DIMG_2778.jpg

Sigh. Pictures still arn't working :L
If you're using Photobucket (as I am) all you have to do is paste the IMG code into your post. So [IMG*]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/magnum96/IMG_2778.jpg[/IMG*] (stars by me)

becomes

Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #6064 
d3nv3r23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnoa View Post

Here's my current aquarium set up. Sorry for the poor quality images, just took these pics from my Iphone 3Gs. Im getting my filters tomorrow or day after but i have a few questions.

1. Is the water level too high?

2. What kind of filters would be good?

3. Would a lotus plant be good with this set-up? if not please suggest some.

4. Would i need a Heater? I live in the Philippines and we only have Rainy, Hot and cold season. In the cold season the atmospheric temp is around 21-29C (70-84F)

Hpoing to hear some suggestions from you guys thanks (this is my first post after days of just reading around hehe..)

pare ok lng kahit wla ka heater...kc hnd din ako gumagamit nun..partida dito pa ako baguio nkatira...malamig tubig ng mga beta ko..around 14-21C..
d3nv3r23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #6065 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3nv3r23 View Post
pare ok lng kahit wla ka heater...kc hnd din ako gumagamit nun..partida dito pa ako baguio nkatira...malamig tubig ng mga beta ko..around 14-21C..

Ahhhh.... google translator is my friend.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #6066 
BettaFishMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I won't chastise you for keeping them in 1 gallons, but they need heaters unless you live in a tropical climate.
Los Angeles in an upstairs apartment; so more of a desert climate. :)
BettaFishMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #6067 
Sweeda88

Ah, okay. Probably warm enough, then. I still think you should have thermometers and I agree that they need more horizontal swimming room.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #6068 
JennybugJennifer

Someone told me if they have too big a tank they can drown? Just wondering if this is corect info. And I didn't want to make a whole new thread for a simple answer :)
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #6069 
BettaFishMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
agreed
and even IF they lived in a tropical environment, I recommend using an aquarium thermometer to keep an accurate recording on water temp.
I myself live in steamy FL and I still have a heater in Spike's tank. Partially because me and hubs HATE the heat and keep the house at a constant 73F.

XxBettaLoverxX Just because the bettas have built a bubble nest doesn't mean all their care is taking care of. They could just be ecstatically happy to get out of those dirty cups and into a clean and bit bigger home.
I've had them for nearly six months. I only use pure spring water and keep the tanks sparkling clean. They get lots of attention and dine on very high-quality, varying foods.
BettaFishMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #6070 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennybugJennifer View Post
Someone told me if they have too big a tank they can drown? Just wondering if this is corect info. And I didn't want to make a whole new thread for a simple answer :)
ROFL
That has got to be one of the most funniest lies I've ever heard.
It is very untrue. They LIVE in water, so how would they drown? xD
Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFishMaster View Post
I've had them for nearly six months. I only use pure spring water and keep the tanks sparkling clean. They get lots of attention and dine on very high-quality, varying foods.
You also shouldn't be using spring water for them. It has unnecessary minerals that would not do them any good and may even harm them. The best water for them is straight from the tap added with the correct amount of water conditioner.

Maybe you could make a thread to have us give you the correct information. You were fed alot of lies. And I'm quite certain the food you were told to be of "very high-quality" is not even near medium quality.

Pet stores tell their customers alot of lies just to sell products. When I got my guinea pig I was told such lies. I was told those little yogurt treats were great for him. Very healthy n such. Turns out it is full of dairy and sugar that my guinea pig does NOT need. I was also told this type of food that had seeds, colored stuff and stuff I'm not even sure what really it is was supposed to be VERY healthy for my guinea pig. Wrong again. My guinea pig can choke on the seeds. Not to mention he doesn't know to open them in order to eat them. There are other reasons and lies I was told. But you get the gest.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 05-11-2012 at 08:58 PM.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank