Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #6071 
JennybugJennifer

They said that if it was too big and they couldn't get back to the surface in time they wOuld drown( this was from Petco)
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #6072 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennybugJennifer View Post
They said that if it was too big and they couldn't get back to the surface in time they wOuld drown( this was from Petco)
If that's so then your tall homes for them would be even worse than the longer horizontal homes we are recommending. The horizontal homes are shorter than they are longer.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #6073 
JennybugJennifer

I don't have the tall homes. But thanks for the answer
Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #6074 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennybugJennifer View Post
I don't have the tall homes. But thanks for the answer
Sorry. Wasn't paying attention to names and got my users mixed up. Uber sorry.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #6075 
BettaFishMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
ROFL
That has got to be one of the most funniest lies I've ever heard.
It is very untrue. They LIVE in water, so how would they drown? xD
Just saying.

You also shouldn't be using spring water for them. It has unnecessary minerals that would not do them any good and may even harm them. The best water for them is straight from the tap added with the correct amount of water conditioner.

Maybe you could make a thread to have us give you the correct information. You were fed alot of lies. And I'm quite certain the food you were told to be of "very high-quality" is not even near medium quality.

Pet stores tell their customers alot of lies just to sell products. When I got my guinea pig I was told such lies. I was told those little yogurt treats were great for him. Very healthy n such. Turns out it is full of dairy and sugar that my guinea pig does NOT need. I was also told this type of food that had seeds, colored stuff and stuff I'm not even sure what really it is was supposed to be VERY healthy for my guinea pig. Wrong again. My guinea pig can choke on the seeds. Not to mention he doesn't know to open them in order to eat them. There are other reasons and lies I was told. But you get the gest.
Tap water is full of chemicals, chlorine, fluoride, antibiotics. I use spring water and have found the fish do better without conditioner. I gave it a shot, but read all the chemicals in those conditioners. Almond leaves don't seem to make a difference either way. I feed them New Life Spectrum as well as treat with frozen shrimp cubes and freeze-dried bloodworms.
BettaFishMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #6076 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFishMaster View Post
Tap water is full of chemicals, chlorine, fluoride, antibiotics. I use spring water and have found the fish do better without conditioner. I gave it a shot, but read all the chemicals in those conditioners. Almond leaves don't seem to make a difference either way. I feed them New Life Spectrum as well as treat with frozen shrimp cubes and freeze-dried bloodworms.
.......Not even going to touch this.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #6077 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeJayP View Post
here is my By 2.5 gallon Betta tanks :) One is in the process of cycling.
fluorescent light view

Beautiful tanks, but anything under 5 gallons doesn't need to cycle.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #6078 
JennybugJennifer

Oh ok fishy thank you for the help :)
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #6079 
Micho

Beautiful tank! But you can't really cycle tanks that are under 5 gallons, I mean you can, but it's really hard to do so. Also, why not just fill the tank all the way up, you have the lid so that prevents the Betta from jumping out.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #6080 
JennybugJennifer

Pearls home with Frankie and frogger

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank