Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #6271 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Alejandro's bowl. (Temporary, and yes there is a top to it so he won't jump out, I made it out of a never-used "grease-splatter-cover". . it's round and made of mesh-type material and fits this bowl pretty well.I'm trying to figure out what kind of tank to get him right now. The water looks a little crappy in this photo probably because of the peat granules I am using to slowly lower the ph, our water here in Tucson is VERY hard and high ph. I did a pwc today and a few days ago.)

Last edited by mursey; 06-03-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: need to mention there is a top, before people start yelling at me :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #6272 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Well, I caved and bought my betta when I went to go get a 6.6 gallon bookshelf aquarium from Petco to cycle. So... I had to buy a 3 gallon critter keeper as temporary housing XD Its rather sparsely decorated for now, as I didn't know what all to buy as deco yesterday. He loves hiding in the plant on the left, and has explored the heater in the back thoroughly. Once I get his mansion set up, I'll definitely be posting pictures. For now, this is what he's living in
----------------------
LittleWatty I have 2 of those 6.6 gallon bookshelf tanks (see above) and I like them. I like their shape, since I read bettas prefer to have swimming space across than up and down. Secretly I want to get a big bookshelf or two and just fill that thing up with more of these!

Last edited by mursey; 06-03-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: forgot quotes
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #6273 
chibifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaShan View Post
Alright, so Tim Burton was in a 2.5gal but I felt that it was still too small for him so I bought a 5 gal tank. My heater finally came in and I bought ph testing strips, a thermometer, and an ammonia detector oh and the tank came with a filter so I have it on low flow so there is some movement in the water but not too much. I also bought a Marimo Moss ball!! I love him hes so cute! His name is "Mossy" (orginal right? lol) anyway... the only thing I think I need to buy is one more plant but a taller one so he has a hiding/resting spot. What do you guys think?
That looks so good! I love that you named your moss ball "mossy". And I love the reflection of a mustached man on your tank, possibly from a TV? lol
chibifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #6274 
Pasqua

Setting up my first betta tank and I am very excited about it!
It's not quite done yet but heres a pic as I couldn't wait to share =P

This will be for my male crowntail betta, who is yet to be named (maybe I should just call him "He who is yettobenamed" as I keep referring to him as that?).

If you have any suggestions, I would welcome them, as I am a bit of a newbie with this fish stuff =P

Oh P.S, does anyone know what these plants are called?
Attached Images

Pasqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #6275 
harley2894

my first ever fish in his tank (:

Last edited by harley2894; 06-03-2012 at 08:05 AM.
harley2894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #6276 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasqua View Post
Setting up my first betta tank and I am very excited about it!
It's not quite done yet but heres a pic as I couldn't wait to share =P

This will be for my male crowntail betta, who is yet to be named (maybe I should just call him "He who is yettobenamed" as I keep referring to him as that?).

If you have any suggestions, I would welcome them, as I am a bit of a newbie with this fish stuff =P

Oh P.S, does anyone know what these plants are called?
the middle one appears to be moneywort or pennywort
im not sure about the sides
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #6277 
mattoboy

Left side is Jungle Val - my favourite plant
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #6278 
RoseOniel

here is my blue fish domanic :) happy in his clean house
RoseOniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #6279 
Anna27

All these tanks look awesome!
Anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #6280 
Anna27

New Baby Betta home

Had this little guy for a little over 2 weeks, this is his 2 gallon Aqueon Evolve2.
Attached Images

Anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank