Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #6301 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I think the driftwood at the beaches maybe more harmful than good on your fishys
Thanks for your two replies. Any reason for the driftwood being a bad idea if it is cured, asides from sharp edges (which i'd take off) .. let me know please!
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #6302 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaChan View Post
Thanks for your two replies. Any reason for the driftwood being a bad idea if it is cured, asides from sharp edges (which i'd take off) .. let me know please!
beaches contain all kinda of pollutions. Even if it looked clean, it is polluted in some sort of way.
not to mention the salt in the water.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #6303 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalee01 View Post
You seem to have anubias, not java fern in there, Anubias still has the rhizome, but the leaves grow mostly horizontal, and are generally round. It is good though because it is a mire expensive common plant because it is so awesome, well, mostly because it grows slowly.

Waffer wisteria, guupy/naja grass, crypts, or anchrias. I would say hornwort but without really awesome conditions they shed needles like crazy, which is very very annoying and woukf cause lots of problems with water quality for a small tank.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #6304 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaChan View Post
Driftwood found in totally freshwater, so no deltas, like lakes or streams work. First and most major problem, salt, what you don't want in a tank for freshwater fish, and with wood that has been in if so long, it may take ages before you never get any salt. Second, pollution, have you seen what goes into the water? Don't even want to risk contamination.

Look for aquarium drifrwood online, you can find some really nice pieces. Two small stores for fish sell driftwood, one... Nevermind I don't even want to start the have so much.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #6305 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Driftwood found in totally freshwater, so no deltas, like lakes or streams work. First and most major problem, salt, what you don't want in a tank for freshwater fish, and with wood that has been in if so long, it may take ages before you never get any salt. Second, pollution, have you seen what goes into the water? Don't even want to risk contamination.

Look for aquarium drifrwood online, you can find some really nice pieces. Two small stores for fish sell driftwood, one... Nevermind I don't even want to start the have so much.
When she said beaches. I immediately thought of the said beach being like the FL beaches(only with possibly less people) /facepalm
Old 06-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #6306 
Kitty Whiskers

Here is my 30 Gallon tank I am starting to cycle so there are no fish in it yet. I just want to show you how it looks so far. There is a Croc head in there as a cave hide away and a floating action clown that goes up and down in the water. It has an 18 inch bubble wand. There are regular plants and a few glow in the dark plants and a glow mountain plus a glowing cave. There are 2 heaters, one at each end and a good filter. When I get out to another big petstore I will buy some more plants for it. I can't wait till I can add my fish from the 10 Gallon they are in right now to the new 30 gallon aquarium!

Here is a day picture and a night picture....
Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #6307 
FishyFishy89

is that a REAL croc skull?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #6308 
LionCalie

Rearranged Brutus's 5.5 gallon. He now has a bridge decoration, Java Fern, Wisteria, and a Tom mini internal filter with spray bar.

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #6309 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
Here is my 30 Gallon tank I am starting to cycle so there are no fish in it yet. I just want to show you how it looks so far. There is a Croc head in there as a cave hide away and a floating action clown that goes up and down in the water. It has an 18 inch bubble wand. There are regular plants and a few glow in the dark plants and a glow mountain plus a glowing cave. There are 2 heaters, one at each end and a good filter. When I get out to another big petstore I will buy some more plants for it. I can't wait till I can add my fish from the 10 Gallon they are in right now to the new 30 gallon aquarium!

Here is a day picture and a night picture....
Looks awesome!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #6310 
Atena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
Rearranged Brutus's 5.5 gallon. He now has a bridge decoration, Java Fern, Wisteria, and a Tom mini internal filter with spray bar.

That is really pretty!
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank