Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #6311 
kelseyleah343

My little rescue project, Leo, in his fairly new 10-gallon home. I kept it a bit simple.
kelseyleah343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #6312 
Neil D

Simple is good! He seems happy, but I don't see a thermometer? Better get one. ^_^
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #6313 
kelseyleah343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Simple is good! He seems happy, but I don't see a thermometer? Better get one. ^_^
There is one on the bottom right. I took the picture a little too close up to see it. :P Oops.
kelseyleah343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #6314 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
is that a REAL croc skull?
Nope, it is a fake Croc head I got on sale at Petco. It was marked $19.99 but was on clearance price for only $1.67!! Cool sale price huh?
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #6315 
Cinderwolf

Heres my 6 gal, after a fight with Cyanobacteria. Still not the way I liek it. but Cest la vie. It would be perfect til I can find the perfect piece of drift wood anyways.

Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #6316 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
Nope, it is a fake Croc head I got on sale at Petco. It was marked $19.99 but was on clearance price for only $1.67!! Cool sale price huh?
I want.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 AM   #6317 
acadialover

nice looking tank ! How did you get rid of your "cyano" ??
I have it in all of my 5 gallon tanks ( three )and struggle with keeping it back constantly. I really have avoided any chemicals so far. Just do water changes. Never get it in my 55 though. All are planted.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #6318 
Cinderwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
nice looking tank ! How did you get rid of your "cyano" ??
I have it in all of my 5 gallon tanks ( three )and struggle with keeping it back constantly. I really have avoided any chemicals so far. Just do water changes. Never get it in my 55 though. All are planted.

Well, after its first bloom, I completely emptied the tank ( kept the sand) and then manually rubbed it off each plant. had ot toss my dead horn wort and replace it. then I just started taking it out as I saw it. but I let it for a while so I had to drain the tank again to get it all out. I am sure it will come back but so far so good. It is a good thing I enjoy scaping..
Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #6319 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
Check their reptile dept., they seem to have a lot of skulls!
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #6320 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Driftwood found in totally freshwater, so no deltas, like lakes or streams work. First and most major problem, salt, what you don't want in a tank for freshwater fish, and with wood that has been in if so long, it may take ages before you never get any salt. Second, pollution, have you seen what goes into the water? Don't even want to risk contamination.

Look for aquarium drifrwood online, you can find some really nice pieces. Two small stores for fish sell driftwood, one... Nevermind I don't even want to start the have so much.
How about michigan? XD we have lakes/streams and all sorts of bodies of water. I just would need to know which type of body of water and i'm good to go if it's safe.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank