Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #6511 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
make sure you added water conditioner.
also
how did you acclimate him?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #6512 
squidward89

i had bought 3 gallon water jugs purified.. and had him in the bag with old purified water let him sit for like 10 mins them put him in the new tank. i didn't feel comfortable using tap water.. because where i live there's chromium in the tap. big on going stuff..
he looked white when i was moving the stones out of the old tank and moving to new tank for set up.
he's nice and blue now.. back to the way he was.. i just thought he was stressed i heard that some where

Last edited by squidward89; 06-26-2012 at 11:44 PM.
squidward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #6513 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward89 View Post
i had bought 3 gallon water jugs purified.. and had him in the bag with old purified water let him sit for like 10 mins them put him in the new tank. i didn't feel comfortable using tap water.. because where i live there's chromium in the tap. big on going stuff..
he looked white when i was moving the stones out of the old tank and moving to new tank for set up.
he's nice and blue now.. back to the way he was.. i just thought he was stressed i heard that some where
purified water isn't any better
it removes the minerals bettas need
tap water is best. just add conditioner and your good to go! If your water comes from a well you may not even need conditioner.

Just letting him float for 10 mins isn't a good way to acclimate him. Alls that does is just change the water temp. You should add some of the new water into what your floating him in. Let him adjust to that for 15 mins and add some more new water. Rinse/repeat until the container is full.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #6514 
squidward89

= ( how does the conditioner work i can put some in with the fish in the tank? maybe that's why his tail is like that! i posted pics someone said tail rot or a biter!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #6515 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
= ( how does the conditioner work i can put some in with the fish in the tank? maybe that's why his tail is like that! i posted pics someone said tail rot or a biter!
its not fin rot
i don't believe fin rot takes off random huge chunks. it slowly rots away the fins pretty evenly.
Yes you can add conditioner while the fish are in the water. It is instant removal of chlorine.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #6516 
squidward89

i just added 1/4 of a teaspoon for a 3 gal tank.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #6517 
Ginzuishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisykd View Post
I'd like some opinions on the backgrounds you can get for aquariums? Do they work in blocking reflections? I've noticed lately Arthur seems to be swimming back and forth fast really close to the side of the tank. Does this stress him out? Should I cover everything but the front with it if I buy some?

I bought a tape-on aquarium scene background from PetSmart; however, my betta would see his reflection in it and flare non-stop.

I wound up purchasing a 3D Foam background from Designs by Nature (online website). They have one background specifically made for a 10-Gallon tank. I love it and the fish love it. No more flaring.

Hope you find something that works.

Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #6518 
Atena

in my little tank I only have a printed background I made myself, it is taped to the outside of the tank and looks very nice.

The only thing that helps with reflection is making sure the light is brighter in the tank than it is outside in the room.

Also, when I put my background in when Guppy was in the tank he hated it, flared and complained for half hour before I gave up and removed it.

I later installed it on the tank when he was in a hospital tank, and he did not even notice when he was placed in the new tank.

This is printed on paper, laminated and stuck with tape to the outside of the tank, I think it looks pretty good. :)

Atena :)

Last edited by Atena; 06-27-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #6519 
squidward89

so i'm a bit of an addict now i guess... i bought another beta fish twin tail halfmoon. i'll post him and his new aquarium soon!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #6520 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
so i'm a bit of an addict now i guess... i bought another beta fish twin tail halfmoon. i'll post him and his new aquarium soon!
did you get heaters for both of them?

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank