Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #6781 
TeaZag

TeaZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #6782 
TeaZag

My betta tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaZag View Post
This is my betta's tank! It is 10 gallons with a heater and fillters. They each have a mini flower pot to hide in and alot of fake soft plants. And a betta leaf that they love!! My bettas that i currently have are Storm halfmoon/elephant ear, Fry Delta, Opal female, and a betta fry that i can't tell what kind yet. To see pictures of my betta I have a bunch of pictures in my betta album
TeaZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #6783 
EATree

Primus my new betta

Name:  Tank of Primus.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  82.9 KB

This is Primus' set up. He has a 5 gal tank, heater, thermometer, filter with baffles (intake and out flow), live plants, and decorations. He had a pet pleco (Duo) but duo apparently had velvet... in a fairly advanced stage by the time I figured it out... So Duo is no longer with Primus and I. I treated the tank and Primus is frisky as ever.

I'm going to have to add some cheese cloth or something to the sponge baffle on the out flow because Primus can see his reflection on the front of the filter and flares and such. Which would be OK except that the sponge is rather course and I can see where it has been shredding his dorsal fin a little.

After Duo we got four "ghost shrimp". Two of which are now in solitary for crimes against the tail fin. I caught them swimming after Primus and pinching his fins. So I'm not so sure if they are ghost shrimp or just mean ghost shrimp.

Primus has really brightened since I bought him. He has a lot more iridescent turquoise now. Oh! I can not resist: here's a pic of Primus.
Name:  IMG_0448.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  62.7 KB
Ciao!
EATree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #6784 
puppyrjjkm

Beautiful betta & tank, love the elephant! One thing, those white/green plants aren't entirely aquatic and will eventually rot, I learned the hard way!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #6785 
Relic

Just got done adding a few things to my two 10s...added betta hammock to both and also made a couple of filter baffles out of fake plants. And I added some micro sword to one of em.

Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #6786 
Ghost Handler

Eatree, nice tank. I especially like the Laughing Buddah, and Primus looks primo.

Relic, I really like your aquascaping. Wish I had more room, time, and money to give it a shot.
Ghost Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #6787 
bettasareawesome

My little betta is sharing his tank, you might not be able to see him becuase he's only 9 weeks old.
Attached Images

Last edited by bettasareawesome; 07-22-2012 at 05:56 PM.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #6788 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Nice Bettas mine is a choclate I named him carter after the magma cartrehis body is dark blue and his fins are edged with bright blue and light brown.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #6789 
Orpheus92

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
You sure it is a TetraO and not Tetra?
Did you also get a thermometer?

That's good that the ones you purchased can work for the larger tank. You might even be able to push it for a 20 gallon long tank. You don't know if it was the aggression that killed the girl. She could of not been feeling good. And bettas being omnivores they likely indulged. I do feel you loss and hopefully things will work themselves out.
Oh right, it is Tetra haha I did get a thermometer, and it reads at about 80 degrees. Everything is great in the tank, I think the big gal felt bad about the little one dieing, and has decided to back off of being pushy as long as all her girls are in line. Thanks for relating!
Orpheus92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #6790 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus92 View Post
Oh right, it is Tetra haha I did get a thermometer, and it reads at about 80 degrees. Everything is great in the tank, I think the big gal felt bad about the little one dieing, and has decided to back off of being pushy as long as all her girls are in line. Thanks for relating!
Glad things are working out :)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank