Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #6801 
happypappy

hidey holes

Try an anubis and maybe a floating betta log. Mine love sleeping there and the anubis is really hardy and gives them a leaf to lay on ----good luck!
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #6802 
happypappy

one word ---- WOW! I love your natural look!!!!
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #6803 
MSG

LS..... are red leafed plants more expensive? Granted I've never seen any really nice ones at the typical store, but I've NEVER really looked the last time I was at a aquatics only store upstate.

I'll keep my eyes open.

WOW, that DOESN'T look like a 10G at all. But now that you mentioned it, it does look like one.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #6804 
mkayum

I had a big refund for 4 x 1.5 gallon tank kits to walmart and bought a ten gallon tank to divide for my 5 bettas. This tank has a few java ferns & 4 of clay pots and a sponge filter that would clean up to 20 gallons.

I also have an empty 5 gallon tank, I'm thinking to have my favorite purple male betta, Unicorn to "guard" for my room. I would add a driftwood & a few of java ferns and black sand. Maybe a few of ghost shrimps. c:
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #6805 
teeneythebetta

@Mkayum

Cute! Did you put something in the holes on the bottom of the terra cotta pots? Bettas often try to swim through the hole and often get injured or die. I personally used aquarium foam & cut pieces that fit in the hole.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #6806 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
@Mkayum

Cute! Did you put something in the holes on the bottom of the terra cotta pots? Bettas often try to swim through the hole and often get injured or die. I personally used aquarium foam & cut pieces that fit in the hole.
I didn't because those has very smaller holes. I bought them from home depot and they're mini clay pots. All of my bettas didn't try to go through it lol. They would see it and ignore it.

If I buy a decent sized (small or medium clay pots) I would stuff it in with plants or foams. Thanks for the warning.

Thanks. (:
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #6807 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayum View Post
I had a big refund for 4 x 1.5 gallon tank kits to walmart and bought a ten gallon tank to divide for my 5 bettas. This tank has a few java ferns & 4 of clay pots and a sponge filter that would clean up to 20 gallons.

I also have an empty 5 gallon tank, I'm thinking to have my favorite purple male betta, Unicorn to "guard" for my room. I would add a driftwood & a few of java ferns and black sand. Maybe a few of ghost shrimps. c:
I don't know why this struck me as funny but the latest betta I took home was one I saw in Petco forEVER and referred to as "Unicorn". What does your guy "Unicorn" look like, out of curiosity?
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #6808 
mjoy79

I would never thought to divide a 10 gallon FIVE ways. thats probably about a gallon or 1.5 gallons per betta when you include substrate, etc. . I have a 15 gallon divided 3 ways.....
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #6809 
Neil D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayum View Post

Beautiful Tank!! Love it....but it's a bit crowded for 5 bettas. Maybe divide the 5g into two and only have four in the 10g?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #6810 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoy79 View Post
I would never thought to divide a 10 gallon FIVE ways. thats probably about a gallon or 1.5 gallons per betta when you include substrate, etc. . I have a 15 gallon divided 3 ways.....
I was considering dividing my 10 gal 3 ways but I felt that was too small. :l
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank