Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #6871 
kimnoa

Yeah when the seller sent me pictures i immedietly said i want that one :)) he has a huge bubblenest now. About 1/8 of the tank

Last edited by kimnoa; 07-31-2012 at 09:44 AM.
kimnoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #6872 
lillyandquigly

Chicklet, I think I saw that in the pic you posted of sorority, there was a male in there, if so that's pretty awesome!
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #6873 
KukaaKatchou

Here is Phantom in his 5 gallon that he shares with 2 otos.
Attached Images

KukaaKatchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #6874 
ukandy

Jacky and Tangos tank at night
Attached Images

ukandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #6875 
BettaJen

:)
Attached Images

BettaJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #6876 
FishyFishy89

Got some wistera
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #6877 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATree View Post
Attachment 60482

This is Primus' set up. He has a 5 gal tank, heater, thermometer, filter with baffles (intake and out flow), live plants, and decorations. He had a pet pleco (Duo) but duo apparently had velvet... in a fairly advanced stage by the time I figured it out... So Duo is no longer with Primus and I. I treated the tank and Primus is frisky as ever.

I'm going to have to add some cheese cloth or something to the sponge baffle on the out flow because Primus can see his reflection on the front of the filter and flares and such. Which would be OK except that the sponge is rather course and I can see where it has been shredding his dorsal fin a little.

After Duo we got four "ghost shrimp". Two of which are now in solitary for crimes against the tail fin. I caught them swimming after Primus and pinching his fins. So I'm not so sure if they are ghost shrimp or just mean ghost shrimp.

Primus has really brightened since I bought him. He has a lot more iridescent turquoise now. Oh! I can not resist: here's a pic of Primus.
Attachment 60490
Ciao!
That plant with the stripes on the right hand side, isn't an aquatic plant... So it will rot/die and cause water quality issues. Sorry you bought a plant that isn't aquatic, when I first started I made that mistake too.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #6878 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
Just updating... I just added new ground cover grass, hope it grow well.

I also made a new smaller flower "Hammock" from the silk and foam top of a water lili that turned out to be too big for my tank. You can see the yellow flower stuck to the back wall.

I have one more plant in quarantine, a tall grass that will camouflage the heater.

The next to go is are the blue plants on the filter baffle. I am looking for blue silk plants for that area.

2.5 Gallon.
The plant that has those frayed leaves at the ends on both sides of your tank, is that planted in the substrate? If so take it out of the substrate, it is a variety of java fern. Nice tank though!

I live the tom filter! I use that in my 5 gallon and it is perfect, I changed the media though, I use a a small piece of sponge and a ton of Veronica balls that provide spots for bacteria.

Last edited by kfryman; 07-31-2012 at 09:54 PM.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #6879 
LionCalie

Here is Skye's 5.5 gallon. All live plants, except for one

Haku's 3 gallon

Vincent's 2.5 gallon

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #6880 
Atena

@kfryman they are tied to pieces of lava rock and air on top of the gravel. The grass just makes them look like its birdied.

Thanks for looking out for me though. I always appreciate that. :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank