Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #61 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think most of us here are addicted. lol Some of us worse than others.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #62 
Chicklet

Quote:
I think most of us here are addicted. lol Some of us worse than others.
Ya, Tell me about it,
I started out with just one, then another came along and another and the story continues, Till now I have so many I gave up counting!

Really bad thing is I still want more,

-------
Called Walmart earlier today to see if they got a shipment in, (cause they haven't the past few times)
They said they did, ya,
But Wouldn't be selling any for a few days,, Sooo

I'm thinking maybe I might end up to walmarts this weekend :)

Last edited by Chicklet; 04-16-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #63 
dramaqueen
Banned

Do you have to buy your food and conditioner by the case? I'm hoping to get 2 more next week.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #64 
Chicklet

Quote:
Do you have to buy your food and conditioner by the case? I'm hoping to get 2 more next week.
Not yet,
But they do come in pretty large jugs at the fish store, Only takes a little bit, So a jug goes a long way..costs about $ 65.00 a jug for the conditioner.

I have a shelf full of food and a big bag full of frozen foods, I don't want to run out, For sure.

I asked Walmart today if they were gonna be getting any more of the 1 gallon tanks I liked,
So said no, Man That really annoyed me, Cause now I'm gonna have to start looking elsewhere for what I want and that means a 3 to 5 hour drive one way for me, ... grr

Last edited by Chicklet; 04-16-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #65 
dramaqueen
Banned

It will be interesting to see what you come home with this weekend.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #66 
LaniBaby

Chicklet, I love your tanks! They are so colorful and pretty!! And i love how you snuck in a photo of a Gerbil.....

How often do you do water changes? And what does a whole view of your house look like with so many tanks?!
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #67 
LaniBaby

CHicklet, I just read your post on water changes. Ignore that. But i'm still curious about where you keep all the tanks. And i still like the gerbil. :P

Have any of you considered approaching breeders to see if they have stock they don't want? Some of them have SO MANY FISH that they'll give them away for free. They hand them out at shows and send away surprise bettas. Often, they're better quality healthwise than pet stores. I've heard terrible stories of some breeders leaving the poor guys out to die because they have nowhere to go with them. So maybe that's an option instead of walmarts/petstores?
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #68 
Chicklet

Quote:
Chicklet, I love your tanks! They are so colorful and pretty!! And i love how you snuck in a photo of a Gerbil.....

How often do you do water changes? And what does a whole view of your house look like with so many tanks?!
Gotta snicker on that one,
Quote:
How often do you do water changes?
Simple put, Everyday!
I'm often up way into the night (3:00 last night before I finally got to bed, Finished changing some tanks water, fed abit, Then crashed) back up at 8 this morning.. already changed, Let me think, 11 tanks with new waters so far,..

Quote:
And what does a whole view of your house look like with so many tanks?
I've had nearly everyone that steps thru the door stops in shock for a min before they catch themselves,
Trust me, I've had a lot of comments on it,
Planning on turning one whole wall into a hugh stand for fish tanks, Looks like I'm gonna have to build that myself, Oh well, Might be fun :)

Quote:
i love how you snuck in a photo of a Gerbil
My daughter runs a small private gerbil rescue, thats one of the many babies she has :)

Quote:
Have any of you considered approaching breeders to see if they have stock they don't want?
No breeders anywhere near me that I'm aware of in that capacity

Last edited by Chicklet; 04-17-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #69 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think that its great that your daughter rescues gerbils. :)
Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #70 
Ariel1719

well i finally uploaded my pictures ! and i got 2 new tanks !
one for pebbles, and one for maximus.

pebbles in her new tank, and the old one in front

her new one 2.7 gal

lucifers lovely home. 3.5 gal

maximus's new.. i beleive either 1 or 1.5 gal

maximus loves his new home, hes constantly swimming and fighting with his reflection! what a cutie.
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank