Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #7061 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportygirl View Post
Just got my fish! What name sounds best do you think?: Tango, Jude or moon?
his tank is a 2.5 gal from pet smart and he loves lying down on the rocks or in between the plans and the wall and barley ventures into his barrel/cave!!!
What a cute little home! :)
Laying on the bottom isn't always a good sign though- it's often a sign that they are too cold.

Is your tank heated? What temperature is his water?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #7062 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuudo View Post
mursey,
It's a Fluval View, 15 litre/~4 gallon. The filtration system is behind that central white panel. The shape of the tank is a flat oval. I initially had Fluffy in a one gallon cylinder but I didn't like that I couldn't see him very clearly because of the curved wall. He and I are both happier with the size and shape of this one (although I have had to finagle a way to baffle the filter strength).
That Fluval View is real nice :) But if it has a lid, then where do you fit the heater and its cord? Just curious, as I'd consider buying one if I get a second betta.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #7063 
inuudo

deso, here are a couple of photos looking down at the top. The first one is with the lid on and the second one is with it off (note that the foam is something I've added to reduce the water motion; there should be two charcoal filters slotted into the housing but I've removed them to medicate):

I have some other photos posted of the underside of the filter housing in a thread called fluval view filter baffle.

The filter housing is a plastic hollow column that fits into an arc jutting out from the back of the tank. The handle that lifts the housing out is that black part you see across the bottom of the second photo; it is also the LED lighting structure. The motor fits underneath the bottom of the housing unit (again, there are other photos in the other thread that might illustrate this better than I'm explaining it). The cords are all tucked into channels built into the housing.
inuudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #7064 
soccerdog693

My new upgraded tank with an alien theme... It's inhabitants are Roger the halfmoon and Klaus the nerite snail.
Attached Images

soccerdog693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #7065 
kimmysticks

Hello all!

I am brand new here, and a newbie when it comes to bettas. I did some research and got our first tank going today! This is a 2.5 gallon MiniBow tank, with live anacharis and our yet unnamed male dragon scale crown tail (that's what he was labeled as at the store, hopefully it's correct?). I hope I did a decent job for this little guy to start!

Kim

Last edited by kimmysticks; 08-22-2012 at 03:27 PM.
kimmysticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #7066 
Sceven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmysticks View Post
Hello all!

I am brand new here, and a newbie when it comes to bettas. I did some research and got our first tank going today! This is a 2.5 gallon MiniBow tank, with live anacharis and our yet unnamed male dragon scale crown tail (that's what he was labeled as at the store, hopefully it's correct?). I hope I did a decent job for this little guy to start!

Kim
Looks good, you just need to get him a heater, and a name :)
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #7067 
kimmysticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
Looks good, you just need to get him a heater, and a name :)
Heater check, name...not yet
kimmysticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #7068 
MistersMom

he's a cute little fishy :3 i love fishies.... i have no life... lol.... good luck with him, i have the same tank btw lol
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #7069 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
he's a cute little fishy :3 i love fishies.... i have no life... lol.... good luck with him, i have the same tank btw lol
LOOOL
Today was my 3rd day of school and in algebra we played 2 truths, 1 lie,
So this girl next to me one of her truths was that she's afraid of fish.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #7070 
MistersMom

LOL how lame!!! lol..... wow...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank