Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #7081 
LebronTheBetta

+1 to Teeney! Betta Splendens should never be together unless breeding or sorority reasons. They don't get lonely nor do they want friends. They are solitary fish and if you do keep them together WITHOUT massive filtration, tons of decorations, and heavily planted, you ARE stressing them to death. See the stress stripes on those females? Please do your research first and DON'T try this at home, it's for experienced Betta keepers. I'm sorry but I'm blunt when I need to get the reason across. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #7082 
lillyandquigly

@Teeney, were you talking about what happened to me almost a year ago? If so it was one of my females that died, but yeah, Laki you should get a new tank for the male and devide the tank for the feamles
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #7083 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
@Teeney, were you talking about what happened to me almost a year ago? If so it was one of my females that died, but yeah, Laki you should get a new tank for the male and devide the tank for the feamles
No this was only a month or two ago. :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #7084 
lillyandquigly

oh that's too bad, after what happened to me, I try to warn all people who make my mistake about it, but most are stubborn like I was, to tell you the truth, the main reason I was being stubborn cause I didn't have any extra space
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #7085 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yeah, that's how they live.. I've heard yes, that your not supposed to keep them together, after the guy at the pet shop said it's fine.. I also thought of putting up a divider, as I do not really have space for another tank. I would love to have a tank for each, would have so much more bettas then..

But they don't really fight, and not stressed all the time... Or will something go wrong sometime?

The stripes on the females suggest that they're stressed. And yeah, unfortunately, you never know what can happen or when... :S

Fortunately, like I said before, your tank is big enough for all three of them to live in separate sections. :)
Do you have a craft store? One that sells sewing mesh? If so, you can make a divider with that, and it's pretty cheap!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #7086 
ao
TFK Moderator

@Suki - it's really not recommended... natural instincts will tell them to mate (and abuse each other) D: really we just dont want you to learn the hard way...

If you are not good at making stuff, two breeders nets can take care of the problem temporarily.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #7087 
JackisLost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
+1 to Teeney! Betta Splendens should never be together unless breeding or sorority reasons. They don't get lonely nor do they want friends. They are solitary fish and if you do keep them together WITHOUT massive filtration, tons of decorations, and heavily planted, you ARE stressing them to death. See the stress stripes on those females? Please do your research first and DON'T try this at home, it's for experienced Betta keepers. I'm sorry but I'm blunt when I need to get the reason across. :)
I wouldn't keep the bettas together like he did, also. But I don't think those are really stress stripes, two of the bettas are just really young and haven't grown colors yet
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #7088 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
I wouldn't keep the bettas together like he did, also. But I don't think those are really stress stripes, two of the bettas are just really young and haven't grown colors yet

No, those are definitely stress stripes..... a betta is not naturally striped...

BTW gorgeous bettas, but definately need to be seperated, good luck! :)
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #7089 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
It's not a good situation regardless of what the stripes are from.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #7090 
randy84

I know its the wrong link but I was wondering I have babies popping up and down just noticed this morning.Any one know how soon I should remove the daddy
randy84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank