Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #7101 
pyro fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
thanks for letting me know, i can definitely put them in some pots to get the leaves out of the water, are regular terracotta pots okay? i've seen people on here using them as "caves" in betta tanks so i figured they'd be toxin free. also, (forgive my being unknowledgable on plants) are peace lilies really safe to be fully submerged? i saw some at the store yesterday and they looked so perfect in terms of leaf shape for betta resting spots.
yea there fine. i mean most chinese places sell them in either a cup or a jar. so a pot should be fine :P anything on here we mention or put into out tanks is safe for fishies, meaning its safe for plants :P

lillys no not at all! lillies get tall, need to be partly out of water, and shouldnt rly be in a tank in my oppinion
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #7102 
pyro fiend

home, most pet stores will sell you alot of plants that do not belong fully submerged and will lable them "aquatic" iv ven had a petco manager try to sell me coral for my betta tank... CORAL.. lol cuz "bettas love coral there the perfect hide.." lol

if im not mistaken there r 3 maybe 4 plants labeled aquatic that are not one.. is the bamboo 'lucky bamboo' 'baboo curls' whatever they call it there. it will die fully submerged.. number 2 is "umbrella plants" thay are the lillys. im preeety sure they shouldnt be in there.. [then again maybe someone knows how to keep these alive under water who knows] 3- ribon plants. not sure of real name.. but no :( may be another or even a few more. :\
Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #7103 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro fiend View Post
yea there fine. i mean most chinese places sell them in either a cup or a jar. so a pot should be fine :P anything on here we mention or put into out tanks is safe for fishies, meaning its safe for plants :P

lillys no not at all! lillies get tall, need to be partly out of water, and shouldnt rly be in a tank in my oppinion
okay cool, might go with a broad leaf anubias then :)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #7104 
pyro fiend

edited last post, but yea thats a nice plant. tho bamboo looks nice. it wont last long compleatly submerged :(
Old 08-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #7105 
teeneythebetta

Yes terra cotta pots can be used, but if the hole in the bottom is exposed, cover it with some aquarium safe silicone or stuff it with aquarium sponge/foam. Many bettas try to swim through the hole and get stuck or injured.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #7106 
pyro fiend

im pretty sure he ment to pot the bamboo teeney :)
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #7107 
fairy74

This is my 30 gallon sorority tank.
Its been up and running for about 6 weeks but unfortunatly one of the girls has a case of dropsy and im praying that it wont affect the others.
Still have more females to add..was planning on 9 but one is sick and another turned out to be male.
Also has 3 albino cories and 3 bronze.
The girls actually seem to love the bubbles from the crystal ball and actually dissapear inside it.
Went for the magical world theme.Sorry went picture crazy.
Attached Images

fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #7108 
Jupiter

What a cool tank, especially the crystal ball!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #7109 
pyro fiend

this is my 20 high. my first attempt at live plants. there is 1 type of plant but i split it into 2/3 its a "arginetine sword" dono wat realy is looks nice tho ones to right others to left of rock thing.. gona put a hood on it soon i hope. dk yet figured itd be beter to put them in now then let them die in the petco tube. even if i have too little light [dono if i cn put 'heat' light above it like for reptiles.. seen on another site trying find out about these swords.. but he didnt say if it was a special bulb] so just dug a hole with fingers n put them in it.

this is a tank im hoping to start a sorority in.. never had one tho and im gna plant more plants and whatnot befor i get the girls :)
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #7110 
Seki

Just set up my new 5.5 gallon. I'm so proud of it, I HAD to share! Now I just need to find my perfect little betta buddy to go inside it~

Sooooo... what do you guys think?
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank