Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #7151 
DirtyHarry12

This is Dirty Harry or "Harry" as we call him. Technically my husband named him and picked our his color. Mostly cause I figured he'd be interested more if he had a say.

I used to have a Betta back in the red (a beautiful red one that I never saw at the store this time). Anyway I let my mom take him when I moved out and she killed him within a month.

So anyway he has a floating log to hide in, a leaf hammock near the surface (I caught him sleeping a floating squishy thing I tossed in there a while back for camouflage and decided a hammock would be safer). I like the fake anemone's so even though there's only 2 in there I have ordered more and I have gravel so I put colored jewels on the bottom.

The plant in the ceramic Cafe du Monde mug is real. Easier plant I've ever had to care for. The duckies I get 1x a year to have some decor.

Harry's been ours since Feb of this year.
Attached Images

DirtyHarry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #7152 
omgitsbleigh

So, I'm a new Betta owner!! I just wanted to post a picture of Ember and his home. :] He has a 10 gallon tank all to himself :]

Here's Ember. :] He is really friendly, but he refuses to eat right now. -__- I figure I'll give him a few days though.

Oh,okay,so a quick blurb about his tank.
-10 gallons
-5 plants
-1 floating cup
-1 cup on the bottom
-1 coffee cup
-filter with a baffle
-a heater

Is there anything else that you guys think I should need?

Last edited by omgitsbleigh; 08-29-2012 at 01:50 PM.
omgitsbleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #7153 
teeneythebetta

@omgitsbleigh

What a beautiful home for him! I bet he is very happy!
The only thing I could think to add is to cycle the tank (if you haven't already) otherwise its perfect!! :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #7154 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He and his home are beautiful love him, great name for him !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #7155 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
For Purplius's tank, I used a lot of the same colors he has. (For other tanks sometimes I use more contrasting colors, for instance my yellow betta has mostly blue background and plants.) I am replacing a lot of fake plants with real ones but i am doing it gradually, plus I am waiting to get better substrate in the mail.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #7156 
teeneythebetta

I love the colors mursey! It looks great! :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #7157 
DirtyHarry12

Here's a picture of Harry hiding behind the purple anemone. He sometimes sleeps in that. (He likes anything soft)

I gotta spend this weekend redecorating his tank a bit (I had some ideas) and getting some better pictures. He hides until he thinks I'm gonna feed him.

The bottom picture is my cat, who thinks the Harry is the best Cat TV ever.
Attached Images

DirtyHarry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #7158 
Seki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
For Purplius's tank, I used a lot of the same colors he has. (For other tanks sometimes I use more contrasting colors, for instance my yellow betta has mostly blue background and plants.) I am replacing a lot of fake plants with real ones but i am doing it gradually, plus I am waiting to get better substrate in the mail.
This. Is. AMAZING!!!! Mursey, I am in love with this tank! Purple is my all-time favorite color. This is now my inspiration for the next tank I set up! I dunno when that will be (just got Zen's tank all set up LOL), but whenever I post pictures of a new tank... know that you inspired it!!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #7159 
katydidmischief

I've never seen a sewing mesh divider before--that's brilliant! :)

Changed Michael's tank: the setup was stimulating for me and since I have issues with visual stimulation, I changed it to something a little more soothing. Bronze gravel, "broken" vases, a purple "coral", and plants both live and silk.
Attached Images

katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #7160 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
This. Is. AMAZING!!!! Mursey, I am in love with this tank! Purple is my all-time favorite color. This is now my inspiration for the next tank I set up! I dunno when that will be (just got Zen's tank all set up LOL), but whenever I post pictures of a new tank... know that you inspired it!!
That is so sweet. :) Thank you!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank