Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #7211 
Jupiter

Awesome tank! Cheeto is a lucky guy.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #7212 
teeneythebetta

@Bounce
OMG your tank is beautiful! So green and prettyyy!!
Btw I love the dog in your avatar, he/she is so cute!!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #7213 
LadyVictorian

I need to post my tank though right now it's rather sparse on the plant side. I'm buying more silk plants once I have my next rat food run. I'm getting low on rat food for the rats and will go tank shopping. Already blew well over $100 on everything I have now and still am not satisfied with my set up. I love the critter keeper idea by the way. I have like six critter keepers from when I had my mice. Now that I got rats I have no use for them...or so I thought...maybe I have a use now -raises brow-
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #7214 
mcneivra

@seki i'm in love
mcneivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #7215 
BruceWayneBetta

I'm a new Betta owner. Here's pics of of our 3 new Bettas and their homes.

First, we have the kid's divided 10 gallon tank. All 3 of the males we got are Crown Tail Bettas. My son's is the blue and red one which he named Ghost Roaster after a video game character. I'm guessing this one is a bi-colored Betta. My daughter's Betta, even though a male, will be living like a princess. Haha! His name is Marina. I'm not sure if he's multicolored or what. His body is iridescent pink and his fins are red.

Next, we have Bruce Wayne which I picked for myself. I'll be taking care of all three though. Bruce is in a 2.5 gallon tank until I can upgrade to a 5.5. He is black and dark blue.

So far, they all seem to be transitioning well. We rescued them from those tiny containers at PetSmart. ;)
BruceWayneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #7216 
Gale

Bounce, your tank is an inspiration. Thats how I'd like mine to look over time. Very nice.

Great tank setups everyone. I see alot of happy Bettas.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #7217 
Bounce

Thanks Silverfang, Jupiter, and Teeney.

Jupiter: They are crypts I got at petsmart. When I bought them they were very small and the roots were very tangled (and fragile) and I just found it easier to plant them in larger clumps than trying to separate them for fear of damaging the roots too much.

Teeny: I love the dog in my avatar too! That's Bounce. She's the best!

Aww, thanks, Gale.

Last edited by Bounce; 09-03-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #7218 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Recently tidied up Cheeto's tank a little bit by trimming off a lot of overgrown java moss. Before, I couldn't even see the driftwood it was attached to.

Now he has more room for activities. <--- ("Stepbrothers" reference)
Betta heaven! :O I envy your betta's living conditions!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #7219 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Whered you get all of the plants? Tank looks good btw.
Most came from http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/
some of the floating ones came from members on here. The swords from one of those petco tubes and ther eis also a thing of mopani wood with anubias in there - which is hidden. All of that also came from petco

I have had like an explosion of growth in the past 3 weeks.
The dwarf lillies that I was gonna toss becausde they looked dead when they arrived - OMG - they grew like weeds and now have leaves that reach the surface. Cabomba I put in there maybe a week ago - which was maybe 6 inches tall- also now reaches the top.

3 weeks ago:

Now

I really was not expecting such good luck with these plants. I do not have a T5 bulb or co2- just a regular T8 and I add in some API plant food after every Water change.

I don't really like circular tanks..er..giant wine glasses. Everything is distorted and the heater is just sitting in there but he seems to approve. its about 2 gallons, much bigger and cleaner then his walmart cup. I want to put him and another one I have into a divided 5 or 10 gallon soon. The other guy, tangaroa, does not have a heater :(

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-03-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #7220 
Jor88

looking into putting live plants in soon, this will do for the time being.
Jor88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank