Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #7221 
pyro fiend

bounce.. oh my lrd i wana steal your tank >:O

@bruce from what i see looks like your daughters is a cambodian crown tail. camobians usualy have light colored [pink in this case] bodies with lil of tha color in tail and darker color for rest of tail
you also might wana get some filters. they will help you alot so you dont have to do water changes as much and keep your bettas for even longer :)
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #7222 
Sanguinefox
Banned

So I've now got a proper light and top for my Betta's 20 gallon tank. I thought I would share:

Video of the tank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTIemwnaIko

Blue-Gill as of this morning made a bubble nest and I was able to get some video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq_qtmRVfIU
I'm happy to see him back to making his giant nests again :3
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #7223 
socold57

no betta yet

i need to change this up tho next water change. i wanna do a asian theme set up
socold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #7224 
Ramla

Below are three angles of my newly decorated and attained Aquarium ^^
Click images for larger ones, goes left side, front view, and right side

It is a Tetra 3 gallon, half moon shaped aquarium. Currently I am waiting for the heater to arrive via mail and for the cycling of the tank and then I shall be able to get a Betta

I'm a newbie in the fish world so if anyone has any tips ^^
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #7225 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by socold57 View Post

no betta yet

i need to change this up tho next water change. i wanna do a asian theme set up

I always hear people say that if you use real bamboo the tops have to stick out of the water or it will die. ( I don't know if the top photo is real or fake bamboo or if you're going to get any.)

I love that first tank! And I hear a lot of bettas really love the Sponge Bob house. So funny. :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #7226 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Below are three angles of my newly decorated and attained Aquarium ^^
Click images for larger ones, goes left side, front view, and right side

It is a Tetra 3 gallon, half moon shaped aquarium. Currently I am waiting for the heater to arrive via mail and for the cycling of the tank and then I shall be able to get a Betta

I'm a newbie in the fish world so if anyone has any tips ^^
Cute! I just wanted to say check on your betta every once in a while IF that filter is at water level because I had the same filter and my betta Alejandro swam inside it and couldn't get out. He was not hurt though. I guess he was curious. :) You could probably stick a little piece of aquarium foam/sponge in there if it's a problem.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #7227 
Ramla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Cute! I just wanted to say check on your betta every once in a while IF that filter is at water level because I had the same filter and my betta Alejandro swam inside it and couldn't get out. He was not hurt though. I guess he was curious. :) You could probably stick a little piece of aquarium foam/sponge in there if it's a problem.
Ooo wowza you had an adventurous guy XD
Thanks for the advice I never would have even thought of them doing that, I'll have to look at it and consider something. Or maybe just wait and see what the Betta will do with it, maybe he'll just ignore it..
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #7228 
teeneythebetta

I always wante a really big tank that could be bikini bottom. Tan sand, the background woul have clouds that looked like flowers, everything :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #7229 
pyro fiend

LMAOOO teeny wow just.. wow XD idbe happy with one that looks even 1/12th as good as most of the npt's i see here =C
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #7230 
Katrina S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I had that exact same thing happen to my beta yesterday. It's only put on with suction cups so he was able to knock it off the side of the tank. Right before I noticed the filter was floating he apparently climbed in there even with the carbon filter actually in there giving it almost no room for him to be. Mine's a bigger beta too! I quickly noticed after seeing my lack of fish in the tank and was able to rescue him out of there. He was not hurt but yea be careful with that filter.
Katrina S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank