Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #7251 
DeviCy

There were in a tank when I got them. They had been in there for a week are you sure they are non aquatic?
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #7252 
pyro fiend

everyone is sure man. they need to have their leaves out of water a bit.. by a bit i ean at least half the leavs out a few inches.. petco also sells bamboo as aquatic and its NOT :P it also is simi aquatic. same with the umbrella plants, pecock ferns and a few other plants :C
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #7253 
teeneythebetta

You could always put them in a container of water in a sunny window, give them a couple weeks, if they're alive that's good.
You don't want them to die in the tank, dying/dead plants add ammonia to the tank.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #7254 
pyro fiend

teeny is correct :P you can use jars, even plastic bottles with substrate in them to lift them up out of the water and keep them in there if you prefer [tho itd prob look weird but im sure itd help] iv seen ppl use pepsi bottles to do it [tho they prob shoulda took the pepsi logo off lol]
Old 09-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #7255 
DeviCy

Ok thanks and damn maybe I'll just plant them in my toads tank instead. Stupid petco employees they are gonna cost me so much money.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #7256 
pyro fiend

well thatd work even better XD yea might wana do your reaserch on the plants befor you buy them iv payed for it a few times now myself lol XC
Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #7257 
wombatgirl

(goes to remove peacock fern from one of her tanks)

I'd bought some bamboo from a petco as well, but luckily I looked up how to plant it on the way home, and realized that it wasn't fully aquatic, so I took it back the next day and they let me exchange it.

Is there a sticky somewhere with a list of recommended fully aquatic tank plants for bettas? That would be wonderfully helpful.
wombatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #7258 
DeviCy

There is one but these plants were not on it and I didn't research them first sigh I just thought amazon swords were.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #7259 
teeneythebetta

I know it sucks my petco's plants are mostly $10 each

@Aokashi
What plants are those that she has?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #7260 
DeviCy

Well they told me its water grass and amazon sword they may have been mislabeled. Probably were damned petco people.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank