Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #7311 
Gryphon

aokashi, is that just a standard rectangle 2.5 gallon? It looks INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to get my planted tank set up.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #7312 
ao
TFK Moderator

Yup, it's the standard 2.5 :) $14 or so from petsmart.
I'm waiting for the moss the attach :P
Never had any luck with Java fern in this tank though :(
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #7313 
ao
TFK Moderator

Annnnd here's the newly set up .5g*
*Not recommended to keep your fish in less than a gallon! This is a temporary solution for a healing fish and water parameters as well as temperature is monitored closely at all times!

ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #7314 
bettabubbles25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaKat1962 View Post
Hi Bubbles..beautiful tanks and fish you have. I wasnjust noticing on the pic of the second tank that it appears you have it sitting on something which allows a gap toward the right bottom side? You may want to try and get some support underneath there to keep any stress off of the unsupported area. I remember a 10g I had uback in the day that was sitting on a flimsy stereo stand which bowed in the middle. Since there was no support there, it caused a nasty stress crack in the bottom. When I came home from work that day, all 10g had emptied out on the floor in my bedroom. I had looked for the obviouse first likea malfunctioning filter or cracks on the side or cornee seams. Took the empty tank out to garage for further examination and lo and behold...there it was...on thvery bottom.

Anyway, great job on the deco..take care
Thanks for the concern but the second tank is on a glass desk but the first picture does have a little bit of the tank off my night stand. i will be sure to move it over! thanks for letting me know!
bettabubbles25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #7315 
Silverfang

what sorta light do you have for your 2.5? any CO2?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #7316 
BettaKat1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabubbles25 View Post
Thanks for the concern but the second tank is on a glass desk but the first picture does have a little bit of the tank off my night stand. i will be sure to move it over! thanks for letting me know!
Lol..no problem..keep up the great work!
BettaKat1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #7317 
AQUALUVA

my passions home
Attached Images

AQUALUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #7318 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Passion has a very nice home, love the little dragon in the front that is adorable !

Beautiful tanks everyone !!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #7319 
Ramla

Talking

So I posted my tank in here earlier and shared it before I got my betta...but guess what..there is now a fish in that tank! So I figured I'd share a few pics. Haven't decided on a name yet...so any suggestions?

Here's the whole tank with him chillin in the back

And here's a close up

Here's a link to an album with some more pics and 2 videos, one is of him eating (cause honestly it is pretty cool to watch them catch the food) and the other is just him chillin and I think that video really displays how his colors appear most of the time.

And yes all those pics are of the same fish...he really seems to change color a lot dependin on the type of lighting.

Also anyone looking for silk plants..I really recommend that cluster in the center with the broad leaves. This guy really loves them, he swims through them constantly and they create awesome hiding and resting spots!
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #7320 
BettaKat1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
So I posted my tank in here earlier and shared it before I got my betta...but guess what..there is now a fish in that tank! So I figured I'd share a few pics. Haven't decided on a name yet...so any suggestions?

Here's the whole tank with him chillin in the back

And here's a close up

Here's a link to an album with some more pics and 2 videos, one is of him eating (cause honestly it is pretty cool to watch them catch the food) and the other is just him chillin and I think that video really displays how his colors appear most of the time.

And yes all those pics are of the same fish...he really seems to change color a lot dependin on the type of lighting.

Also anyone looking for silk plants..I really recommend that cluster in the center with the broad leaves. This guy really loves them, he swims through them constantly and they create awesome hiding and resting spots!
Very pretty setup and fish you have..I love that bridge..I was hoping to find a small one for my new girls tank but cant find one small enough. Great job
BettaKat1962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank