Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #7321 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
i upload from my mobile using my internet browser to my album in the profile section of this forum. image link is then provided right under the photo. :)

jyfjhg
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #7322 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
This is how Alejandro's tank is at the moment. I am trying to go more "natural" however I didn't realize the Amazonia substrate I ordered has to be cycled. . so he is without real substrate except for some rocks right now. Quite honestly, he seems to be very happy just with all the floating plants and his little mopani wood he has. I had to leave his fake anemone in there because he likes it, and he likes his pvc tunnel too. But mostly, he is all about his floating mess of plants at the surface. (BTW the reason the lighting looks weird is because I have half the tank lit by a small bulb, the other side has an LED light. So half the tank looks yellowish and the other half looks more blue.

Also I used the background with water and river rocks, and for continuity I looked through my mom's old pond rocks and tried to find ones with similar colors. I wanted steel-blue-grey rocks with a couple of orangey rocks. the orange would reflect Alejandro's color but also the background happened to have some rocks that were sort of orange also.

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE your tank!! <3 :3
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #7323 
ThePearlFish

I love all the planted tanks. They look so serene. I want to have an NPT for my future tank :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #7324 
Ramla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaKat1962 View Post
Very pretty setup and fish you have..I love that bridge..I was hoping to find a small one for my new girls tank but cant find one small enough. Great job
Thanks ^^ and I found this one at petsmart...they had a decent array of bridges I think and he seems to like chillin under this one occasionally, but really likes the cluster of plants in the middle honestly thats where I find him 90% of the time
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #7325 
pyro fiend

haha evn in my poorly planted [only few live] tank i always find my boy in the amazon swords lol snuggled up or playin 'crazy swimmer' and swirving through them lo
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #7326 
LionCalie

Double divided 10 gallon

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #7327 
pyro fiend

you devide it like that for the filter? :O looks kinda nice :)
Old 09-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #7328 
LionCalie

For many reasons...
  • Less stress because they cannot see each other through double dividers
  • Heats and filters both sides evenly because heater and filter are in the middle
  • No risk of fights from betta jumping or squeezing through
  • Angled double dividers maximize space and add depth to the tank
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #7329 
pyro fiend

thats what i ment. tho didnt know if it was both males or not so didnt wana list ll posibilities ;p but if im not mistaken a heater heats the entire tank at once. because the water needs to get to its setting. and one side of the tank wont be 100 wiel others 70 ;P just my thoughts. kinda cool tho thought bout doin somethin like that just not sure how XD
Old 09-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #7330 
laynisample

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
Double divided 10 gallon

When I get my 10gal someday I would love to do this with it. Beautiful set up and I love how you did the filter/dividers. It looks safe for everybody.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank