Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #7391 
Lynntastic

I just completely rearranged the tank, so:
(and I just noticed there's spots on the outside of the tank, where did those come from?)
Attached Images

Last edited by Lynntastic; 09-25-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Lynntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #7392 
RedRaz

Lovely tank Lynntastic! I love the colors you chose. Goes very well with your pretty betta. :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #7393 
Persistence

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
Wow, very creative! How many gallons is that?

Just some friendly suggestions... I notice you aren't using a heater. Bettas are tropical fish and are happiest when their water is around 76 F - 82 F. You will need to purchase a aquarium thermometer to monitor the temps, but they are cheap. Unless the ambient air temperature is constant 80 F where your Betta is kept, then his tank isn't warm enough.

Also, I'm sure Mr. Betta would enjoy having some plants and a hiding spot he can retreat to.
Done :)

Got a resin stump and a heater. I already had some plant pods in there, but I'm sure it will be at least a month before they get to a decent size.
Attached Images

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #7394 
pyro fiend

another great diy in this forum!! im jelly! wish i could do something cool like those =\
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #7395 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
Done :)

Got a resin stump and a heater. I already had some plant pods in there, but I'm sure it will be at least a month before they get to a decent size.
LOVE your idea of a Betta bowl lamp all in one!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #7396 
ThePearlFish

I am loving the DIY betta bowl/tanks! Very inventive!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #7397 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by celie View Post
I finally got the gravel and tank decorations for Lex. I thought he would be super excited to be in his new home, and start going everywhere. However, he is taking it in very slowly. It's like he's exploring and scared at the new surroundings. He didn't go inside the pineapple till 2 hours later. I hope he's happy. I regret not getting a bigger tank, but this will have to do for a while.

Awwe thats really cute!!! He looks happy C:

Where did you get that heater? Are there different sizes? I need one for a 5 gal.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #7398 
pyro fiend

iv been thinkin, how about do you go with that lamp one.. i mean wouldnt u usually use a lamp to help light a room when its darker outside. and by this time itd already had ceiling light [usually] or ambient light from window for many hours..meaning your beta wld have lights on over maybe 15hrs? do you just use it as decoration and only turn light on for the 12 or so hrs ur betta needs, or do you realy use it as a lamp too

O.o ik i personally have all my tanks in my room. all the lights r on only up to 13hrs. and then i have blk lights in my ceiling so i can see were certain things/points are and i dont have lights on too long.. but thats just me, im weird lol
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #7399 
Atena

Lovely tanks everyone ... Lyntastic, I have that same rock bridge! :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #7400 
phoenix91

Added a new hut decoration and a seasonal background to Artemis's 5 G.

Name:  photo (12).jpg
Views: 456
Size:  44.2 KB
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank