Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #7831 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy74 View Post
I have had my sorority for several months now and all is going well, I have added extra plants and they seem to love them, I also have recently bought 7 black neon tetras and since then the two female bettas who always have stress stripes have relaxed and got their colour back.

I also have a suspicion that I have a male plakat amongst the girls, if she is in fact a he then he is getting along very well with the girls as she/he has been in there right from the start and i do not want to upset the group by removing him/her.
o.o The book and broken crystal ball like decorations.....I MUST know where you got those!!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #7832 
Akeath

I just kept adding and adding till he finally stopped spending 90% of the day flaring at the evil reflection Betta on all the walls. He seems to really be enjoying his aquarium now. He's constantly in and out of the plants, and winding among the branchings. The Java Moss wands are actually more green, but they keep looking yellow in my photos...
Akeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #7833 
OrangeAugust

I just divided a 10 gallon for my two males and one female. Fishie moved from a 5 gallon, so it's a bit of a downgrade of space. but Shiny moved from a 2.5 gallon and Jasper from a 1 gallon. I might have to baffle the filter (it's a Whisper 10i) because it's blowing Jasper around a lot. She doesn't seem to mind much, though. I'll keep an eye on her.
Attached Images

OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #7834 
DanielaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post

This is Red.
Your tank looks fabulous! What kind of tank is it?
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #7835 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Not to be rude a few neons migh work Mollies might depend but platies are out of the question.
Why? I have a few platies in my 10 gallon. i think it's probably the smallest size they should have but most of them are juveniles anyway. Aren't Mollies bigger than platies? They are certainly bigger than any of my platies I have, even the adult.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #7836 
Phaydra

All these tanks are eye candy. I hope mine mature as well as those.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #7837 
fairy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Wow it look huge. How big is it how many fish are there?

Its a 30 gallon, I have five female bettas, seven black neon tetras and three cories. I don't seem to be having much luck with the cories as i started out with six, I don't know if its because they are not getting enough food as the bettas are such greedy little things, even though I crush the cories wafers and turn the lights out..the bettas swoop straight to the bottom of the tank for their food.
fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #7838 
fairy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
o.o The book and broken crystal ball like decorations.....I MUST know where you got those!!

They are from the Hydor H2show magic world aquarium theme..there is also a gargoyle and owl in a tree decoration at the back as well as a 3d background.
The crystal ball also has an led light in it that changes colour.
I bought them from ebay, they also do several other cool themes like atlantis and lost civilisation.
Attached Images

fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #7839 
SpookyTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaMarie View Post
Your tank looks fabulous! What kind of tank is it?
Thank you, it's an Aqua 30 (30 x 30 x 30 cm cube). Tough brand to find, I've only seen it in one store and they rarely get any in! I also have a smaller one (25 x 25 x 25cm) that needs to be drained but is currently a nursery for baby assassin snails.

The Aqua cube set also has a 40 x 40 x 40cm cube -- it looks MASSIVE! They're brilliant though, especially considering they come with a glass lid that has just enough space for cables and it all slots together beautifully.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #7840 
azurefox

Hei, I post the video, finaly I add 5 Bettas in it..since 4 looks unbalanced, 1 female at the bottom of the position so she always looks paler, then I decided to put the Giant Female in it, The Giant seems accept the Bottom Female, and She's comfortable in the tank now :)
I post the video so that every Betta got a closer look in it :). (don't want to spam pictures kwkw)
in the end I haven't put the stone background, because it's easier for me to watch them with the white background for now.. :)
what do you guys think? it's only the 2nd day of the Sorority, maybe there're some strange things on their acts that I need to be careful of

My First Betta Sorority
Betta Sorority - Little Red Plakat in Rage!
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank