Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #7901 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBetta View Post
My betta's 40 gallon planted tank still not fully grown yet most plants are new and the baby tears are finally starting to fill in the carpet

Wow, that's beautiful! I hope to be able to do a scape like that some day *swoons*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #7902 
PandaBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
Wow, that's beautiful! I hope to be able to do a scape like that some day *swoons*
Thank you! You will as long as you plan and do your reaserch you will get the desired outcome :)
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #7903 
callistra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
So my 5.5g has been cycling for about 2 weeks. I've been using the fish food method but I also threw in 4 or 5 small pond snails which I've since disposed of. I saw some teeny baby snails in there but I think I got most of 'em. Anyways, tested the water yesterday and today and my water is finally showing a large spike in Nitrites and they're are Nitrates! Hopefully by next weekend all the Nitrites will disappear so I can work on getting a new betta :D Since my first tank was a 10 gallon planted tank, this is the first time I've been able to see the cycle with my own eyes. I keep testing the 10gal planted, its been redone and up for 3 - 4 weeks, but nothing shows up on the tests. Those plants are working hard!

What would you judge the Ammonia level is? Is it just me or is it hard to tell the difference between the 0ppm and the 0.25ppm colors?

And this is the slightly changed 5.5gallon tank, sorry for the water spots lol:
I would say ammonia is at zero, or close too... hard to tell from the photo. If there is any ammonia at all it will have a green haze to it. Pure bright yellow means no ammonia. You have to be in bright light or it can be hard to tell. You should maintain 2-4ppm ammonia during cycle. Fish food works but pure bottled ammonia (I use ACE) is a lot easier to control.

Last edited by callistra; 12-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #7904 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBetta View Post
Thank you! You will as long as you plan and do your reaserch you will get the desired outcome :)
What is that red frilly plant in the center?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #7905 
Silverfang

it looks like red cabomba. I want that in my tank. It needs high light to maintain the red colour. All red plants do.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #7906 
PandaBetta

Yes Silver is correct. I think I might start selling some cuttings of all my plants in the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions feel fre to ask :)
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #7907 
Silverfang

I've never heard of mandarin shrimp, I'll have to look them up. I love my shrimp tank, I should post some updated pics later. Especially since I have a couple of new plants and need to trim some of my stems.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #7908 
MoonShadow

All of my tanks look pretty blah at the moment, but I plan on re-scaping everything after the holidays! For now here is my 30 gallon sorority!

MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #7909 
aemaki09

Here are just a few of my tanks. The kritter keepers are also temp. housings for shrimp so thats why there is food on the floor, it doesnt stay there for longer than an hour at a time. - and the kritter keepers are also temp housing till I can get my newest 10 gallon cycled. - The room is heated very well so all the tanks without heaters stay at 75* minimum.

The boys tank, I have another one cycling for my remaining 2 boys (and switching one from this one over to the other to give more swimming space)
sorority tank - its been re-scaped since this pic, but its undergoing treatment with furan-2 so the water is too tinted to see through

One of my QT tanks with one of my favorite boys and a couple shrimp. He spends a lot of time watching me, or the VT boy that sits next to him.

My shrimp tank with one of my females that I got the day before I realized i had stuff going on in the sorority so she's staying in QT in here till I have that sorted out.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #7910 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
it looks like red cabomba. I want that in my tank. It needs high light to maintain the red colour. All red plants do.
Ahh I see...
Would it work in a 5.5 tank with a 13 Watt 6500K CFL light? or any red plant? I'd like to try them, but I'm not sure if it's feasible... The light lights one half of the tank better, so I'd put it on the brighter side of course :)

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank