Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #7911 
Kiyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutwut View Post
Hehe, I saw your heater and thought, hey, I have the same one! Then I saw the end of the filter, and realized I had the same filter too. xD Marina 10g tank kit right?
Kiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #7912 
PandaBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
Ahh I see...
Would it work in a 5.5 tank with a 13 Watt 6500K CFL light? or any red plant? I'd like to try them, but I'm not sure if it's feasible... The light lights one half of the tank better, so I'd put it on the brighter side of course :)
Cabomba is not good for your set up... But believe or not I did have really good luck in my low tech tank with a red tiger lotus. But it got a little more on the green side but still kept allot of red
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #7913 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBetta View Post
Cabomba is not good for your set up... But believe or not I did have really good luck in my low tech tank with a red tiger lotus. But it got a little more on the green side but still kept allot of red
Okay, thanks :)
I just have problems with plants that are "low tech" like anubias and anaharis... and some issues with hornwort... so I'm looking for alternatives... *le sigh*

The most stable thing I've got in the tank right now is my banana lily and some cardimine...
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #7914 
Wutwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyi View Post
Hehe, I saw your heater and thought, hey, I have the same one! Then I saw the end of the filter, and realized I had the same filter too. xD Marina 10g tank kit right?
Lol nice. Yea it's a Marina filter but its a s15. It was few bucks more on amazon so I just ordered that instead of the s10.
Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #7915 
Armyguy03

"Brad Pits" Mansion

Here is the "real" home of Brad Pit. I have a new ajustable flow filter on the way (Marina). I would say that I enjoy looking at the plants, but Brad Pit enjoys lounging in them even more. He comes out occasionally for a gulp of air, then back he goes, weaving and relaxing. He mostly sticks to the left side of the tank since there is heavier foliage there. I had a backing on the tank, however, Mr. Pit spent an entire day flaring at himself so off it came, and Mr. Pit relaxed.
Attached Images

Last edited by Armyguy03; 12-22-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Armyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #7916 
PandaBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
Okay, thanks :)
I just have problems with plants that are "low tech" like anubias and anaharis... and some issues with hornwort... so I'm looking for alternatives... *le sigh*

The most stable thing I've got in the tank right now is my banana lily and some cardimine...
Sorry for the confusion! The red tiger lotus is not a low tech plant but it still would do good I think for you. Water sprite is another plant that I really think would work great for you, christmas moss and rotala indica
PandaBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #7917 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carters Anaibus is rooting into the sand and its on lava rock.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #7918 
Kiyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutwut View Post
Lol nice. Yea it's a Marina filter but its a s15. It was few bucks more on amazon so I just ordered that instead of the s10.
Yeah, my tank came with the s15. :3 I know it has a high and low flow setting, but does it create much current? Doesn't look like it from the picture, but it's hard to tell. I'll find out in a couple days when I add water to my tank... but I'm just impatient. xD
Kiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #7919 
Wutwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyi View Post
Yeah, my tank came with the s15. :3 I know it has a high and low flow setting, but does it create much current? Doesn't look like it from the picture, but it's hard to tell. I'll find out in a couple days when I add water to my tank... but I'm just impatient. xD
Nice. I adjust the valve to low so it doesn't have that much current. Even on high, the current is very unnoticeable until you see your betta swims and stuggle to get by.
Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #7920 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBetta View Post
Sorry for the confusion! The red tiger lotus is not a low tech plant but it still would do good I think for you. Water sprite is another plant that I really think would work great for you, christmas moss and rotala indica
Okay, thank you very much!
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank