Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #8081 
Ramla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizja13 View Post
Odin? That is an amazing name <3 I love you
Haha I know right...My last one was named Mr. Stark, so I wanted to stick with the avengers theme, and since this guy is kind of an old man probably, thought it fit well XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar
I don't think there's much else you can do for curled fins, but at least curled fins won't harm him any. My CT has a cute little curled ventral fin :)
Thank you! Wasn't sure if there was anything else I could do, since they were obviously curling up from being in the little container for so long. But they have uncurled a little already :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish
Where did you get that purple flower? It's silk right? It is very pretty. :)
Yep it's silk and it is actually part of the green leaves in the background, it is just one big silk decoration that I got at Petco. Betta's really like them I've noticed because the broad green leaves are perfect for resting on right near the top :)
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #8082 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I think I have that same one from Petco. The purple is attached to the green plant, I believe. Petco has some nice colorful silk plants... all my silk plants are from there. :)
Nice! Purple is my favorite color, so when I set up my next tank I HAVE to get one now I think! :D
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #8083 
Sparrowhawk

Got a new shot of Falkor's tank. Lookin' a lot more home-like than last time I posted here! Didn't get any of the other boys' tanks for some reason, oops. >.<

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #8084 
FishCat13

This tank will eventually be a sorority tank. I'm hoping to get some girls tomorrow. I was going to wait for it to cycle naturally but I'm impatient so I'm going to use something like Biospira to kick-start the cycle. Hoping to get five or six girls that are different colors.
Attached Images

FishCat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #8085 
acadialover

Hey Ramia, He is a gorgeous fish. curled and crinkly fins may be a sign of finrot, which is mostly caused by dirty water . Try some salt and clean his water often. THere are allot of posts on fin rot on this forum.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #8086 
FishyFishy89

@fishcat13, unless there are some live plants in there, I'd wait to cycle your tank. Not cycling your tank can cause harm to your bettas.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #8087 
Ramla

*Edit...somehow quoted wrong person XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover
Hey Ramia, He is a gorgeous fish. curled and crinkly fins may be a sign of finrot, which is mostly caused by dirty water . Try some salt and clean his water often. THere are allot of posts on fin rot on this forum.
Yeah I have actually been starting to wonder a little if he has a small case of fin rot, his fins are about the same but there are a few spots on the tips that seem a bit more red than when I first got him. Though his body is starting to color up a bit more which is great! :D

But curious is it alright if I just get some aq or epsom salt and put it straight into his aquarium, to treat any fin rot that may be in there. I've heard of other people doing it with quarantine tanks instead, but I wouldnt have a means of keeping that warm, and he gets spooked fairly easy I've noticed so I feel like moving him from tanks right now would cause more harm than good.

Last edited by Ramla; 01-12-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #8088 
FishyFishy89

I'm sure you could use his cup and just secure/float his cup in his aquarium. His aquarium will continue to be heated and keep him warm while he goes through the treatment you want for him.

But IME, clean water goes a long way for fins. I've never seen fin growth or fin recovery sped up by AQ salt or any medications. Fin growth is likely going to always be slow.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #8089 
Ramla

Alrighty..then I think at this point I am just going to let it go and see what happens. Cause I don't think anything is severe, and he is fine and dandy really. Probably just anything left over from being stuck in that little container
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #8090 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, it doesn't look severe. You can add stress coat but I don't think AQ salt is necessary as long as he has clean, warm water.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank