Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #8171 
jinxhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I recognize the silk plant. I have nearly every silk plant from Petco, haha. My 5 gallons each have 2 midground plants and 2 foreground, a midground in my 4 gallon and 9 silk plants in my sorority tank. I replaced the plastic plant in DaBaDees tank and now all of my tanks have nothing but silk plants for safety reasons (my sorority actually has no other decor besides silk plants, an abundance of them!) I soon found out I ordered too many silk plants so some of them don't have a tank yet lolololol.
loool that sounds really awesome, sometimes I'm iffy about silk plants because I'm not quite sure how they'll act in my aquarium, sometimes they droop to much, or don't bend the way I want, so I just try to do a mix-match of plastic & silk (no live plants for me - to much to worry about for now)
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #8172 
AyalaCookiejar

With one silk plant they droop sometimes if they're taller... Most of mine are in corners and propped up with the tank walls or in my sorority there's so many plants that they don't have room to droop! Lol. I'm just too skeptical about plastic plants... But I want live plants someday for my sorority tank.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #8173 
Bootsie

This is my Ruty's home. It's a simple 5 gal with a 2-3 gal heater (stays about 76-77*) a 3-5 gal whisper filer set on low flow. He shares his tank with two ghost shrimp. I'm still fairly new to Betta fish and have a lot to learn yet. I'm looking into live plants and a more finer gravel for him but all we have around here is a pet store with an infestation of snails. I've had Rusty for about a month and he seems to be quite happy. His bubble nests can get quite large. I bought a little royal blue girl today. I found her at the dreaded Walmart. She's showing signs of Dropsy so if I can save her then I'll post her girly pad.

(Sorry for the poor picture quality)

Last edited by Bootsie; 01-22-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #8174 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrp22 View Post
I have had a lot of fish in the past, and know a fair bit about how to take care of them. Yet, I discovered that I knew little about bettas and did google searches (found I could NOT trust what I was told at my local pet shop, sadly...), and here is the result of my efforts. My three year old grandson named our new pet Nemo (he loves Nemo, the movie!). Nemo is about 8 weeks old, and about 1.25 inches long; his deep blue color is what made me fall in love with him two days before I actually bought him - I wanted to find more info and what I needed before I bought him or any other betta if he was gone.
Beautiful tank. I'm pretty sure you have a little female
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #8175 
emrp22

Smile

Jinxhex, thank you for the compliment on my tank, though to my horror, today my live plants are starting to look droopy... ugh...

If I have a female, I am OK with that. I loved the deep blue color, so I guess I will see when he/she gets older. Either way is OK for my first betta!
emrp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #8176 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrp22 View Post
Jinxhex, thank you for the compliment on my tank, though to my horror, today my live plants are starting to look droopy... ugh...

If I have a female, I am OK with that. I loved the deep blue color, so I guess I will see when he/she gets older. Either way is OK for my first betta!

One of my girls looks just like yours :) love my gals
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #8177 
Kytkattin

Growing along nicely. Pic from two weeks ago. Need to update with massive growth improvements!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #8178 
Fishybitty

Kytkattin- looks very nice!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #8179 
Sparrowhawk

Ooh, that does look lovely. I love the mossy branch-thing!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #8180 
fgradowski

Kytkattlin--I'm super jealous! I want to have a big planted tank sometime.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank