Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #811 
diruak

Mercutio's new toy!!! I'm going to add more, this is just the first part. I got the idea from Jupiter!

diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #812 
Tinthalas Tigris

This is my first aquarium.

It is a 10 gallon, Top Fin Starter set. With 2 silk, 2 plastic, and 3 live plants.

The pottery used are clay terra cotta purchased fresh from wal-mart, and some drift wood.

The substrate is all gravel, some colored, and some natural.

The aquarium is currently home two 4 female bettas (varieties of which, I have not yet identified), and one ghost shrimp, the plants are 1 Mondo Grass, and 2 Sword Plants.
Attached Images

Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #813 
Hadouken441

Wow that looks fantastic. I would love a look like this but i dont wanna bite your style :D
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #814 
cbirk

Here are my Beta's . Well to be specific the set of 3 are my GF's and the one floating in the cichlid tank is mine :) (the bowl is floating, not the fish haha)

Last edited by cbirk; 02-04-2010 at 10:42 PM.
cbirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #815 
Kitch3ntools

both 10g the girls tank has live plants the boys tank was just set up lastnight so no plants and is still under construction i want to get them more plants and caves
Name:  girls.JPG
Views: 1385
Size:  29.1 KB
Girls^

Name:  Boys.JPG
Views: 1386
Size:  37.1 KB
Boys^
Kitch3ntools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #816 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tanks, everyone!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #817 
Tinthalas Tigris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken441 View Post
Wow that looks fantastic. I would love a look like this but i dont wanna bite your style :D
By all means. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I borrowed the terra cotta look from plenty before me, who I am sure borrowed it from others as well. The only original thing that came to me was putting plants in them, and giving them a look as though they fell out a window, etc.

I am still a little bit leery about them. I had to put much more gravel than I had previously planned, as one of my more beautiful bettas got stuck in the drain hole (a little bit of research on this matter would have resulted in this *not* happening), and was stuck there for a good hour, and suffered a terrible gash on top and bottom.

Be very careful with this look. Either take the entire bottom out of the terra cotta pot, or seal up the drain hole completely. I wish I did, and I am positive "Flo" does also.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:05 AM   #818 
Tinthalas Tigris

Cbirk, I really dig your floating bowl in Cichlid idea.

How do you have the bowl arranged? How is the substrate built to keep it floating? (Do you have plastic "steps" and then just substrate on top of that?)

I saw a reef-shelving system at the LFS the other day, that made me imagine having a couple small 5 gallon aquariums shelved inside of a 40 gallon tank.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #819 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by diruak View Post
Mercutio's new toy!!! I'm going to add more, this is just the first part. I got the idea from Jupiter!

That's awesome!!! You should add foil to the back of the tank, it'd make it look SO cool!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #820 
ThePearlFish

Diruak, where did you get that snow globe looking thing for Mercutio??

I have been looking for something soo similar to a snow globe-like thing and I can't find stuff like that. It is soo pretty and I admit go awesome with a theme i had in mind for my new tank. :P

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank