Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #8231 
ao
TFK Moderator

Rescaped 1 gallon
(water volume = 1 gallon)

Dunno what Kuro was doing, but he was hiding behind the driftwood when I took the above photos, has a bit of a torn tail. His tail never really ever finishes healing before he tears it again:(

ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #8232 
FishyFishy89

naughty tail biter. I really love his 1 gallon :)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #8233 
Hadoken Kitty

Thank you flounder and royal! Also, that is a wicked awesome 1 gal! I've never done anything fancy with my 1gal water-changing bowl. Just rocks and a small patch of plastic grass. Lol.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #8234 
Flounder33

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Love both of your tanks!
Thanks!
Flounder33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #8235 
royal

You are welcome!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #8236 
ao
TFK Moderator

I love my small tanks :P Honestly, I don't think he minds whatever size he's placed in, as long as he's got good food, a nice flow and a niche to rest in away from attention (like behind the driftwood).

when he was really little he used to zoom around the 2.5gallon, and I'd be thinking even a 10 gallon's not enough for this fellow. But Then he got older and stopped zoomin around and doing excited puppy laps in the 2.5. he'll slowly patrol his territory and usually rests somewhere behind the lava rock until I come home, then he comes out to greet me.

So now I look at the 1 gallon and Kuro going all zen in the filter flow and think, meh, as long as he likes it.

He really doesnt bite his tail, just tears it on stuff... like the driftwood. I dont really mind him doing it. The water's clean and he's never gotten sick or had an infection, so as long as it doesnt hurt him, I just let it be.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #8237 
LittleBettaFish

I want to steal Kuro or at least find an exact replica of him here in Australia. He is my favourite colour and tail type combination. Can't believe how much he has grown!

Anyway, here are two of my tanks. This one is getting more IAL and hydrilla but I have eggs in there at the moment so have to wait.

This is my favourite tank in my fish room. The hydrilla just grows in whatever light comes through my window and it all looks so natural.

This is one of the residents. My Betta uberis female. Her male has a nest or fry in the big log he has been guarding.

LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #8238 
ao
TFK Moderator

^omg more wild betta goodness :O
I'm looking to get an imbellis pair from setsuna coming spring/summer ^___^

Kuro turned out to be a nice mutt haha. his pectorals make me think that one of his parents was an elephant ear.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #8239 
LittleBettaFish

Haha because of Setsuna I am looking at getting a male imbellis if a guy I know from another forum manages to grow his out.

It's Kuro's big black eyes that get me. I was thinking of maybe trying to find a cheap pair of splendens his exact colour to spawn, but it is so difficult to find a clean blue with no red. Plus they have to have the dark eyes like his otherwise I find they look creepy.

Got this photo of my Betta brownorum tank. Needs more hydrilla but they are happy enough in there. It's a 30cm/12 inch cube.

LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #8240 
Sharktagger07

The Tank...pre betta

Howdy all,
I finished setting up my tank for my betta (I am to get one Wednesday). The cycles are just about leveling off considering I set the tank up few days ago, have been putting some food in it and also have the live plant (sword). The biggest hassle was the mini filter that was like a jet engine. I cross sectioned a mini sponge baffle and put it in the outtake tube as well as a chunk up the intake. Water is at a constant 74 over the past 3 days but still have a heater for emergency cold spells.
Attached Images

Sharktagger07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank