Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #8301 
fgradowski

Sunstar, where do you keep all of those tanks at in your dorm? Do you not have a roommate? I have two 3 gallon tanks and no more room for any more! Plus, going home kind of stinks. Having to pack my boys up into cups and what not. I couldn't imagine having to pack up that many fish!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #8302 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal View Post
Geez, I wasn't on the forum for a day, and we have a minor uproar! @sunstar, I personally love your setup, and I am a student aswell (not college yet though) I'm glad u said that,and @ fishy fishy we all respect your opinion, but sunstar explained and she has a perfectly valid reason! Please stop criticizing her, tanks.are expensive (we all know that) she can do whatever she wants with what she has.

Please no one take offense,I am just speaking my mind.
P.S. I love fat Amy!
Lol thank you she's actually a dude though, when I found out I didn't want to change the name lol
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #8303 
sunstar93

@Mistesmom: I know the cup analogy was probably a stretch but it's better than them living in one! I actually rescued Leo (he was due to be thrown out the next day..it was sad) and I bought my girl on impulse because she was so small and skinny..I can't say no sometimes! And thanks, I try my best with my tanks..including getting stuff from friends and from home if I can! (and I love Fat Amy's name as well )

@royal: yeah, being a student with a betta addiction is hard haha...but they are important to me so I try my best to make them all comfortable!

@Aluka: the only friend I know who has any interest in fish has a 0.5 gallon bowl kept under a lamp on her desk...and I don't want to rehome any of my fish to her!!

@fgradowski: I have my 10 gallon on my desk and I have my 1.5 and my 1 gallon side-by-side on my nightstand next to my bed (it's pretty wide because it has a bookshelf underneath it). I have a roommate but she only stays in the room one night a week so I have it all to myself...but she doesn't really mind them because they are all on my side of the room. Lol going home is alright, it's not as much hassle as it seems. The hardest part about going home with them for the summer at the end of semester will be breaking the news to my family that I have 5 fish! (they think i only have 2) lol
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #8304 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar93 View Post
The hardest part about going home with them for the summer at the end of semester will be breaking the news to my family that I have 5 fish! (they think i only have 2) lol
Tell them you got them wet and they multiplied. :D
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #8305 
fgradowski

Haha! My family will kill me if I bring home anymore than what I already have. My dorm doesn't really have room for fishies. Al is on my desk, and Var is on a bedside table, but it is only barely wide enough for his tank. I could fit one more on top of my bookshelf maybe.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #8306 
sunstar93

Haha Phaydra, that's a good one! :D I'm hoping that I can play the pity card: "but they were so sad..they needed me!!"

Lol I'm hoping they don't kill me when they find out! But it's still a few months away so I have time ;) I've had to make space for them, the working space on my desk is smaller since the tank has been there...but I love to sit and do my homework and look up to see the fishies watching me lol. They're so curious it's really cute. (and btw...love your avatar! I love grumpy cat haha)
Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #8307 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar93 View Post
Haha Phaydra, that's a good one! :D I'm hoping that I can play the pity card: "but they were so sad..they needed me!!"

Lol I'm hoping they don't kill me when they find out! But it's still a few months away so I have time ;) I've had to make space for them, the working space on my desk is smaller since the tank has been there...but I love to sit and do my homework and look up to see the fishies watching me lol. They're so curious it's really cute. (and btw...love your avatar! I love grumpy cat haha)
I just put my newest girl infront of my grandma's face and went: come on. you can't say no to this. SHE'S SO CUTE!!!!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #8308 
sunstar93

Lol that's kinda like how I introduced my VT to my mom. "But Mom..he's sick. Look at him." He's her favorite of my fish (of the ones she knows about anyway lol) :)
Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #8309 
acadialover

SWEET !
Thanks for the reply.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #8310 
FishiFrances

I guess I'll add some of my setups for now. I have a 10 gallon with filter and heater that currently a green tiger barb, pleco, and one of my females call home. She's in the breeder net since I had her recouping from a serority gone wrong. The beneficial bacteria and perfect pH of this cycled tank is the best way to heal minor fin issues so far. Plus, my little barb absolutely loves playing hide-and-go seek with the my bettas. Silly thing. This girl seems to play right back which is pretty cool. She rarely EVER has fear stripes anymore since meeting him, and she was scared of everything before. If I wasn't so scared of them nipping each other, I'd let them in together. But, probably not gonna happen.

I want to replace all of the plants with live ones one day, but I haven't decided on which ones just yet.

This is my 'hospital tank' right now. I'm using to cure some fin rot from a bad fish-sitting experience. But it's got one live plant so far and Draco absolutely LOVES it. He keeps playing in and out of the wide leaves and hides under them from his girlfriend in the next tank. They're so cute when they tease each other by peaking around leaves and then hiding again. Luke shy little kids meeting each other. (They've been near each other for quite a while now and are not actually scared of each other, I assure you.) Neither one gets fear stripes anymore and actually look depressed when they're apart. Lol. Maybe they can breed one day. Maybe. Right now I think she's helping him stay positive while he recovers. (2.75 gallons, currently no filter cartridge in the filter, just an aerator until he's done with meds.)

And then my little girl in her 1.5 gallon vase. She used to freak out with all the space in there, but now that I have the new silk plant in there, she couldn't be happier. She hides inthe big leaves and seems to play hide-and-go seek with me when I get home. I'll walk up, she'll zip up to me, and then hide right away, peeking around the leaves at me. If I keep watching, she'll keep popping back and forth. But if I walk away, she comes up to the glass and just watches me with the droopiest, most pathetic look I've ever seen on her little body and slowly sinks down the the bottom. scared me the first couple of times, but when I come back, she'll go right back to her little game. Frickin adorable! Lol.

And here she's following my finger. I love it when they do that!
FishiFrances is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank